When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1932 Schwinn on ebay. lol

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
He’s trying to recoup the $$$$ he put into a bicycle that at best
would be in the 200-400 range.

Last edited:
This bike is now relisted for a little less, but the teat of the ad is a killer. I could not believe what I was reading....
This is it:

This bike is the flagship of my vintage cruiser bike and pre-war 28" wood wheel bike collection.
1933 was the first year the Arnold,Schwinn Company introduced 26" tire / 26" rim safety bikes to the world. This style of frame (straight down tube and straight seat stays) known as the B-10E, was used for the extremely rare Streamline Aerocycle bikes and the rare B-10E Motorbike models that Arnold, Schwinn Company offered. The Excelsior model is quite rare in its' own right - 1933 and 1934 being the only years it was made with the B-10E frame. The frame design changed in 1935 and again in 1938 and so did the brass head badges.
I consider this bike to be the original 26" affordable "beach cruiser" (although this style of bike was predated by German bicycle makers).

I get the "vibe" that most vintage bike collectors (car collectors too) would rather have an original condition, unrestored bike in lieu of one like mine. They will make the bike ridable and put it in their collection, paying very little money for it from the heirs of whatever estate or garage sale they acquired it from. The people they bought it from, for the most part, are either ignorant of what they are selling and know little of its' value or else just in a hurry to get rid of the item. So now that bike joins the collection of their other vintage, rare, unrestored bikes - seen only by fellow collectors. These collectors will exchange stories of how they acquired a particular bike, each trying to outdo the other. Thing is, if a non-collector were ever to view a collectors' prized possessions they would just conclude they saw a bunch of rusted, old bikes that all looked like junk to them and that whoever owned them was probably a hoarder. Thus concludes my playful rant.

Now I defend my own reasons for buying and restoring old bikes. 1) I view every bike as a piece of art waiting to be returned to its' original state or embellished to make it unique and functional. 2) Everyone deserves to be happy. Being passionate about something will contribute to ones' happiness and give a purpose for continuing to live. Restoring vintage bikes be they antique wooden wheeled bikes to racing bikes from the 1950s through the 1990s or beach cruiser style bikes from the 1930s through 1980s or even early mountain bikes from the 1980s has become a passion of mine. I consider myself a very lucky person to have this passion. 3) I want to share my collection with the world. A bicycle museum would be ideal but probably won't happen unless a philanthropist comes forward with some free commercial space and a like-minded love for bicycles of all kinds. For now I share my collection by listing some of my bikes here on eBay. If the price on some bikes seems high it is because I am preferring to visually share that bike rather than sell it for now. But everything has a price, doesn't it?

Still trying to figure it out... Enjoy!
REC

Wow! What a read! Ha Ha Ha

I guess were all a bunch of ignorant hoarders! I have more money in most of my bikes, than they're worth

Last edited:
This bike is now relisted for a little less, but the teat of the ad is a killer. I could not believe what I was reading....
This is it:

This bike is the flagship of my vintage cruiser bike and pre-war 28" wood wheel bike collection.
1933 was the first year the Arnold,Schwinn Company introduced 26" tire / 26" rim safety bikes to the world. This style of frame (straight down tube and straight seat stays) known as the B-10E, was used for the extremely rare Streamline Aerocycle bikes and the rare B-10E Motorbike models that Arnold, Schwinn Company offered. The Excelsior model is quite rare in its' own right - 1933 and 1934 being the only years it was made with the B-10E frame. The frame design changed in 1935 and again in 1938 and so did the brass head badges.
I consider this bike to be the original 26" affordable "beach cruiser" (although this style of bike was predated by German bicycle makers).

I get the "vibe" that most vintage bike collectors (car collectors too) would rather have an original condition, unrestored bike in lieu of one like mine. They will make the bike ridable and put it in their collection, paying very little money for it from the heirs of whatever estate or garage sale they acquired it from. The people they bought it from, for the most part, are either ignorant of what they are selling and know little of its' value or else just in a hurry to get rid of the item. So now that bike joins the collection of their other vintage, rare, unrestored bikes - seen only by fellow collectors. These collectors will exchange stories of how they acquired a particular bike, each trying to outdo the other. Thing is, if a non-collector were ever to view a collectors' prized possessions they would just conclude they saw a bunch of rusted, old bikes that all looked like junk to them and that whoever owned them was probably a hoarder. Thus concludes my playful rant.

Now I defend my own reasons for buying and restoring old bikes. 1) I view every bike as a piece of art waiting to be returned to its' original state or embellished to make it unique and functional. 2) Everyone deserves to be happy. Being passionate about something will contribute to ones' happiness and give a purpose for continuing to live. Restoring vintage bikes be they antique wooden wheeled bikes to racing bikes from the 1950s through the 1990s or beach cruiser style bikes from the 1930s through 1980s or even early mountain bikes from the 1980s has become a passion of mine. I consider myself a very lucky person to have this passion. 3) I want to share my collection with the world. A bicycle museum would be ideal but probably won't happen unless a philanthropist comes forward with some free commercial space and a like-minded love for bicycles of all kinds. For now I share my collection by listing some of my bikes here on eBay. If the price on some bikes seems high it is because I am preferring to visually share that bike rather than sell it for now. But everything has a price, doesn't it?

Still trying to figure it out... Enjoy!
REC
This guy sounds like he's half way through a 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

I once took to task a "seller" who put a high price tag on his item with no intention of selling it.
The look on his face was funny when I met the price.
He replied,
"Damn. I didn't think nobody would buy it at that price. I told him it was false advertising and his credibilty in my opinion had to crap! :laughing:

Last edited:
Back