When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1933 Colson Flyer Tandem Rear Steer $950.00

-

Monkeybutt

On Training Wheels
I can say that this is the 1933 version of a Colson Flyer Tandem Rear Steer Bicycle. The frame is straight repainted red a long time ago. Paint has several scratches. It's missing it's Head badge. Probably original.... cranks and bottom brackets, fork, rear hub and coaster brake are both stamped "New Departure", rear pedals (front pedals look slightly newer), chainrings look great with moderate wear, seat posts, front wheel looks like same age as rear, both have some pitting that can be worked out, front stem. Probably NOT original, but definitely vintage......the fenders are steel solidly mounted in excellent condition and match , the chain guards don't quite match but have very cool Art Deco style. I understand 1933 Colson FTRS did not come with chain guards but these are solidly attached and nicely placed, (similar to handlebar stems, with that Art Deco flair) rear stem matches front and handlebars are probably not original Troxel seats match and are in excellent condition no rips or tears leather is excellent, handlebar grips match all around and follow the Art Deco theme of the bike, water bottle cage, white wall Fisk Deluxe tires match and hold air not cracked, sidestand holds the bike up and is stamped Greenfield. Bad enough it's a dreaded repaint. Other issues are wheels are not perfectly true, wobble slightly, but do not rub on anything when they spin, there is play from the rear steer before it actually turns the front wheel maybe 1 inch, front headset also has play and likely needs bearing work, Flyer head badge. Recently a Flyer head badge on ebay. will add pics when I place it. I am amazed that it's a 1933 and rideable as it is. Taking it apart and packing it is not a possibility for me. If you are interested and in the NYC area give me a call or text 917-292-8045. I did a good job cleaning and oiling but that is the extent of my bike mechanic experience. I would feel better if it get into the right hands. Lots of pictures to look at. Thanks for reading. All The Best.

P1100654.JPG

P1100653.JPG

P1100651.JPG

P1100650.JPG

P1100649.JPG

P1100648.JPG

P1100647.JPG

P1100646.JPG

P1100645.JPG

P1100644.JPG

P1100643.JPG

P1100642.JPG