When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1933 Columbia? Westfield? Elgin? Yes, No, Maybe?

-
I went down and looked over the headbadge area again and got better pics. You can clearly see the outline of the badge on the headstock. It looks very much like Mickeyc’s badge, only the center band where “Columbia” would be written is at a much steeper angle. Also, there are 3 holes on right side of the headstock and 2 on the left. The closeup of the remaining smallpartof a badge that was still attached shows, I believe, that it was from a different badge. If you look close, there is a ridge on the edge on three sides of the piece, everywhere but where it broke. Whatever badge was on it last, had to have some sort of squared three sided outcropping on each side. Any ideas?? So, I guess I’m in the market for a Columbia badge with a steep angled center piece. The holes are 2” across on the curve, the badge would be about 3” high. Thanks, you all for your help again! Art
87BB2F09-22DC-4E4B-9382-EA0E059EA28B.jpeg

7261B310-D54A-4B5A-8885-C635EE440B98.jpeg

2CF50FE2-4206-413D-B48F-A40CB76081BA.jpeg

1F0B5B4A-AD55-43D0-B82C-98C99E69A593.jpeg

That bike has obviously had more than one badge on it. Your best bet is one of the badge collectors on the CABE, they should be able to help as you have an outline of at least the last badge that was on the bike. I had a similar problem with a Peerless I bought with just a tiny scrap of a badge under one of the screws. Finally found a picture of what I thought could be the original badge...no one had seen one in the flesh. Wound up selling the bike sans badge.

Mike

Yea, I may never know what’s the original badge is. Probably do like you and sell it. I have the Indian bike I got with it and will keep it for sure. Anyone have a value estimate on this 1933 Columbia? Thank you so much.
Art

Back