When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1934 AIRFLYTE, by Huffman

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I got my first look at this magnificent bicycle in person yesterday, and it is indeed a magnificent bicycle.
I’m sure, it is enjoying its new lease on life among the other cool bikes in Marks stable.
Neat, bit of trivia on the headbadge graphic detail.
Thank you, for that, @hoofhearted Patric.
I had read, that the Spirit of St. Louis was made from Shelby seamless tubing.
We’re these early “Aircrafted” Huffman frames made from that same type of tubing?

Well, it doesn’t really say, whether the tubing used was aircraft/seamless grade.
It just says that they used Aircrafted construction techniques, which doesn’t look to be any different than what everybody else was doing.
So maybe more of a marketing ploy.
This picture shows what looks to be a seam joint in the tube, so I’m going to guess that Shelby seamless drawn tubing was not used to build these frames.
Too bad, because then, these frames could’ve been considered, truly “ Aircrafted” just like the Spirit of St. Louis.

Either way, riding one of these gems, evokes the majesty of flying up in the wild blue yonder.

in person yesterday, and it is indeed a magnificent bicycle.
I’m sure, it is enjoying its new lease on life among the other cool bikes in Marks stable.
Either way, riding one of these gems, evokes the majesty of flying up in the wild blue yonder.
Marty and I traded some saddles and bits, tinkered a little, and AIRFLYTE is at top FLYER.
Maiden voyage 45 miles.
IMG_8739.JPG
IMG_8742.JPG
IMG_8747.jpg
IMG_8751.jpg
IMG_8760.JPG
IMG_8762.JPG
IMG_8758.JPG

It was pretty cool to get '34 and '35 Huffmen out together for a ride.
Super-Blessed!

Great bike! :cool: :cool: You were the first person I thought of when Brant listed it for sale.:p:p I will be interested to see what you add to personalize to meet your needs.
Enjoy!!!
I WON another Dual tone Goose horn recently and put it on AIRFLYTE.
These horns are pretty loud, and fun to honk along the crowded beach bike path.
44 miles added today; countless smiles and waves.:D

The last pic is where I grew up, Huntington Beach, CA
Where the "Fire" started for riding bikes.

1601169471848.png

IMG_4724.jpg

Back in December 2020, on my way home from riding AIRFLYTE at the beach with some bike buddies,
(https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/what-bike-did-you-ride-today.61973/page-903#post-1233462)
the old crank broke.
Pic shows it was cracked for awhile before it let loose.
@New Mexico Brant is connected in this bike world, and put the word out to the Huffman guys, in Ohio of course.
Tom Hern had a spare that he graciously sold and sent to me over the holidays.
WOW! Bike guys are the BEST!
Ken @bentwoody66 Patric @hoofhearted are always Super-helpful, and love these machines!:D.....

Early Huffman without guard, straight crank, exact match, threaded together easily.:)

Thank you to all the bike folk that Love these vehicles of movement and joy.
Truly stoked to be a part.:D

Last edited:
Back