1934 Colson resto taking some liberties.

This ad disappears when logged in

rick whitehurst

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 8, 2017
Walla Walla Wa.
Still working on my dummy tool box tank until I can find a reasonably priced original. The old rims I'm using are from a 33 ladies Schwinn (for now) and some other parts are being bead blasted and the rims will be powder coated a tan Creme color to accent the ivy green. These are 26 inch wheels. Later hope to put 28s

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Still working on my dummy tool box tank until I can find a reasonably priced original. The old rims I'm using are from a 33 ladies Schwinn (for now) and some other parts are being bead blasted and the rims will be powder coated a tan Creme color to accent the ivy green. These are 26 inch wheels. Later hope to put 28s
Sounds a lot like this one I once owned. V/r Shawn

DSC_0292 - Copy.JPG

rick whitehurst

Jun 8, 2017
Walla Walla Wa.
Sounds a lot like this one I once owned. V/r Shawn

View attachment 653315
Wow! Thanks for posting that pic. The exact same bike... Very very nice. Did you paint and restore that? I have a lot of parts to find. Was there a smaller D size battery tube that mounted under the lower bar directly under tank as well? I have one of those.

Freqman1

Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Wow! Thanks for posting that pic. The exact same bike... Very very nice. Did you paint and restore that? I have a lot of parts to find. Was there a smaller D size battery tube that mounted under the lower bar directly under tank as well? I have one of those.

This bike was restored by Bruce Pence (Npence-Nate's dad). V/r Shawn

Freqman1

Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
The battery tube you are describing is generally used a little later on ballooners. The can shown is typical for a 28" motorbike although there are a couple of others. V/r Shawn

rick whitehurst

Jun 8, 2017
Walla Walla Wa.
Got a fender finished, used silver as accent color against the ivy green... put on a temporary set of Torrington no rise handlebars. Fender braces cleaned up. Head badge, truss rods. New nuts and bolts. ( chrome acorn nuts are 2.70 each) It's coming along.

Hoping someone can tell me about these no-rise with a slight curve handlebars... Look like some sort of racing bar that I have never seen before in my life, Very very old and have Torrington script. Hoping to find a period men's seat for it one day this seat is a 33 ladies Schwinn with issues. Tank still in the works. I have a correct original gooseneck but it needs to be rechromed badly.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Dr.B

Apr 24, 2017
North Charlotte
hi,, I have a 51 monark and need a seat post for it. lucky 7 maybe nice to get it back more.. or no. can you help me? thanks!

rick whitehurst

Jun 8, 2017
Walla Walla Wa.
Last edited:

Freqman1

Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Looks like it may be a good option but two things; I would find out what the tire size is (what is on the side of the tire) so you know true height/width and size of axles. On some of these I've seen really large axles that would require hogging out your drop outs. The last thing is usually the quality is less than optimal but as long as it isn't an everyday commuter you'll probably be fine. V/r Shawn

rick whitehurst

Jun 8, 2017
Walla Walla Wa.
Btw... This is a Colson ROVER... Not a flyer. Can someone tell me what differences there were between the two?

Want list... One of those correct steel racks
A tank
A correct drop-stand.
Battery can.
Stencil or guide for head tube accent paint.

Last edited:

rick whitehurst

Jun 8, 2017
Walla Walla Wa.
So next is bright red pin striping. I have an old 70 Schwinn suburban that has 27 inch rims... I may look into cobbling my old hubs into them. They fill to the fender nicely. I could paint them. Anyway here is my dummy tank and I may have found a real tank in good shape for 120.00. Also located a seat post shim tube in my junk pile off an old child's bike. Recovered the seat in luxurious fine Corinthian leather. (An old ladies purse from the thrift store). 5.99

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Cowboy in NC

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jun 12, 2017
Dunn, NC
So next is bright red pin striping. I have an old 70 Schwinn suburban that has 27 inch rims... I may look into cobbling my old hubs into them. They fill to the fender nicely. I could paint them. Anyway here is my dummy tank and I may have found a real tank in good shape for 120.00. Also located a seat post shim tube in my junk pile off an old child's bike. Recovered the seat in luxurious fine Corinthian leather. (An old ladies purse from the thrift store). 5.99

View attachment 660195

View attachment 660196
Looking Good Rick----Cowboy

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$12.00
eBay Auction Picture
$299.99
eBay Auction Picture
$12.00
eBay Auction Picture
$18.00