When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1934 Rollfast....roll ahead 78 years...

-
Wow, you're good at this Brian. Takes some good patience to do what you do. What kind of paint do you use, and what is your preferred method of application? Again, looking good sir. - Nick

Wow, you're good at this Brian. Takes some good patience to do what you do. What kind of paint do you use, and what is your preferred method of application? Again, looking good sir. - Nick

Thanks!
I prefer rattle-can with no wind and no bugs and 70' temp.

Thanks!
I prefer rattle-can with no wind and no bugs and 70' temp.

I like that technique as well. If sprayed correctly, you can avoid the bug worry by just fumigating the neighborhood with rattle-can over-spray. Nothing can ruin your day like a bug who chooses to land on fresh paint. Break out the tweezers!

Looking good Bri!

right after I spray i put on a fan and it seems to keep the bugs away.Looking great,keep the pics coming.

Auto paint rattle can, regular? Brand? What finish do you like Brian?

I like Dupli-Color automotive paint, but those Bozo's make a smaller can now and raised the price. I use Krylon also. I used to use Plasti-coat, but cant find it any more.
What finish? Gloss...

Ok, more progress....
I copied the "DeLuxe" decal, so hopefully I can get more stencils made.
Here I have gotten the strut dents out of the tank front on both sides using my favorite wacking utensils, and applied just a smidge of glazing putty to smooth out the tiny ripples.
I didn't strip the tank, I just sanded and then applied Krylon heavy sandable primer, and sanded twice more. began to apply a little blue...need to paint white or cream for the decal area first. ***by the way... do you think I should make "DeLuxe" cream or white to keep in line with the darts?*** I was personally thinking cream, as I think decal wasn't white...
and that all white, would be "just too much white". "DeLuxe" will have very thin black outline around letters.
Here are before pics of tank.
The Best Rollfast badge I could find.....
More to come......bri.

Attachments

• DSC01306.JPG
    DSC01306.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC01307.JPG
    DSC01307.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC01309.JPG
    DSC01309.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC01310.JPG
    DSC01310.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC01281.JPG
    DSC01281.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC01308.JPG
    DSC01308.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Nice dent repair :) I'd go cream to offset all that white, otherwise your decal will just look like a thin outline of letters. Looking good Bri.

Back