When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1934 Schwinn Motorbike....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

miller32

Finally riding a big boys bike
Once again I need your help. I am coming across lots of bikes by putting the word out that I am looking to get into the bicycle restoration thing. I got a call today and went to look at a 1934 Schwinn Motorbike. It is all original and has everything to it. It has the tool box tank, battery can and headlight, ooga style original horn, original seat and leather in good shape. Complete bike...rider....but paint quality is about a 6 1/2 to a 7. The stainless steel fender are about an 8 out of 10. Original hand grips, pedals...just everything. I would like to purchase it...but....

What is this bike worth if I leave it as is?

Picture below is for reference. The bike I have found is like a original with paint quality 6 or 7 out of 10.

Attachments

• schwinn-b-10-e-motorbike-restored1.jpg
    schwinn-b-10-e-motorbike-restored1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,457
I've done everything lately except print it on the side of the Goodyear blimp and the VERY few responses I've gotten have been utter crap.
I think you're incredibly fortunate to have ANY kind of contact about ANY kind of motorbike.

Well...I just saw it tonight and was not fully aware of the history on these things. It looks exactly like the bike in the picture except the fenders are stainless. It has everything the bike has in the picture...but the paint...I would say is a 6. I am to talk with the guy tomorrow...but I am thinking he wants a bit more than just 500. I am just trying to determine its worth in its original condition.

Last edited:
That recent EBAY auction is a pretty good reference. The one I saw tonight is black and you can still see the lettering on the tool/tank. I don't know if the battery can and original headlight with the original ooga horn increases the value or not? I feel that the guy is wanting somewhere between 800 to 1000...pushing more to the higher amount. I am a bit hesitant to jump at it at the price. It is a super nice bike...with ALL the pieces and parts...but at that price?

That bike was impersonating the Schwinn B10…the only thing that was Schwinn on it was the Sweet Heart sprocket! It was really a Hibbard with the Hibbard lettering blazoned across the tank, also it had the HBS&C True Value badge on the head tube. It’s hard to compare a tool store brand with the originality and the cache of an unmolested Schwinn.

If you're in the market for a bike for your coveted collection...then the price shouldn't be a barrier unless it's ridiculously absurd! Like the buyer who recently purchased the Delta Torpedo light for $500...I guess he musta really wanted that light! Or the other person who purchased an Elgin Robin for $30,000 a few months back on Ebay. Was that ridiculous? I don't think he cared how much it cost him. My point is the price is determined on what you're willing to pay and what you can negotiate! Also factor in how knowledgeable is the seller...if he has determined that his bike is a diamond he's not going to give it away for a cubic zirconia price. Now if you can get the bike for $500, don't blink...don't stutter...don't hesitate...give him the five Benjamin’s and ride out of Dodge as fast as you can with big grin on your face! Best of luck!

I would really like it for my collection. It would be a nice add. You are right about some of those "out of this world" prices. I am just trying to figure into what I have bought lately...which are a handful of bikes....and then adding this one. Worse case scenario kinda thinking. I know the bike cannot be bought for 500 probably...the best I could possibly do is 900 maybe if lucky 800. He's pretty firm on those figures...! I am trying to figure out if I buy it for around that price...would if things get tight and I need to unload it....get that back out of it without losing pennies. I would hate to restore it for it has such great patina and such a great look to it and the originality is almost 100% as it was in 34....it would be a shame to restore. I just have not seen an original or cannot find info on any kind of pricing for an un-molested one. In this economy...I am trying to be safe than sorry....but I am finding it hard to pass on these things when they are so darn cool looking. But again...I have to think smart...

Back