When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935-36 HW DURALIUM I'm

-
Are you hip to "Easy Outs"?

Ya I looked in to that, the screws are just to brittle I tried cutting a notch in to them but they just broke off as I was cutting. I think easy out would do the same thing just keep braking the screws shorter and shorter.

If you have to drill them out, first drill a hole in another piece of aluminum, or better yet, steel. Locate that hole over the broken bolt and clamp it to the bike. This will keep the drill bit from "walking." Start with small bits and work up in size.
Which bolts are still frozen? Also there's a tool called a stud remover. It can get ahold of that broken stud really tight. Propane can be used to heat up the aluminum. It'll expand the metal to free things up. Carefully! No hotter than sizzling spit.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what size rivets the badge uses?
image.jpeg

I got those extra holes welded up. If you look real close, you can't see 'em!!
I did some draw filing, 220, and 400.
image.jpeg
I found an aluminum tandem stoker dog bone, and a piece of aluminum rod. It's a bit tall, but I'll cut it down later.
image.jpeg

Stainless 28" wide bars. It's time to get down to some fine grit paper.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

LOL!!

Ah they should stay in California where they belong. My other love besides bikes are 20's & 30's American Art Pottery & Tile. California had some of the best companies going: Gladding McBean (still in business!), Catalina, Malibu, S & S, Taylor, Batchelder, Bauer, Brayton Laguna, Kraftile, etc. etc...

Here's an original Batchelder Tile (Los Angeles) wrought iron table I still have....

It would look good in Eureka!!:p

N

DSCN0470.JPG

DSCN0472.JPG

DSCN0469.JPG

DSCN0474.JPG

image.jpeg
I know, they're beautiful. They are on the counter because I'm mounting them in a frame. I'll give you the tiles for free, but the frame is $1000!
LOL!!

Ah they should stay in California where they belong. My other love besides bikes are 20's & 30's American Art Pottery & Tile. California had some of the best companies going: Gladding McBean (still in business!), Catalina, Malibu, S & S, Taylor, Batchelder, Bauer, Brayton Laguna, Kraftile, etc. etc...

Here's an original Batchelder Tile (Los Angeles) wrought iron table I still have....

N

View attachment 469696

View attachment 469697

View attachment 469698

View attachment 469699[/QUOTEWell, Finally someone I can talk to.
I'm sitting here with the buddy that used to live on Upper Pratt Pond Rd off of Poor Farm Hill Rd.
Anyway, my godfather worked at McBean in the 50s and 60s. His wife had every piece of Franciscan ware ever made!
And, oh that Malibu!

LOL!!

N

View attachment 469696

View attachment 469697

View attachment 469698

View attachment 469699
I didn't know Batchelder was born in Nashua!

Back