When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935-36 HW DURALIUM I'm

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
With these Nexus hubs, the axle must not spin. This green anti-rotate washer does the trick. View attachment 686850
The angle of the shifting cable establishes which set of color coded washers to use. Different angled dropouts call for the right set to use.
They even have a cutaway in the tab to allow space for the banjo bolts or axle adjusting screws. Shimano recommends placing the tab toward the closed end of the dropout.View attachment 686849

I broke two chains before I realized I needed it [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up front is the twister-shifter. It uses a lot of real estate and won't slide on to the curve of the bars.
image.jpeg

I twisted up a couple of aluminum slugs.
image.jpeg

These babies are a hammer fit. Don't want them coming out during a wheelie!
image.jpeg

Just right.
image.jpeg

You my friend are having too much FUN in geezerville! You know what accessory you need for this Buck Rogers spacecraft? A model 111B Deluxe Scintillator. I just happen to have one in my office with the original leather shoulder carrying case, warranty papers and instruction manual. https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/surveymeters/precisiondeluxe.htm. Bet you can't guess where I found it! ;) It's one of the more popular conversations pieces in my office. It would look good mounted on that downtube, keep the space aliens, The Thing and The Blob at arms length.

You my friend are having too much FUN in geezerville! You know what accessory you need for this Buck Rogers spacecraft? A model 111B Deluxe Scintillator. I just happen to have one in my office with the original leather shoulder carrying case, warranty papers and instruction manual. https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/surveymeters/precisiondeluxe.htm. Bet you can't guess where I found it! ;) It's one of the more popular conversations pieces in my office. It would look good mounted on that downtube, keep the space aliens, The Thing and The Blob at arms length.
AND some of those less than desirable types scintillated.
I remember a girl, back in the '50s it was... yes, it's getting clearer now... she spelled scintillating with a K instead of a C. I'll never forget her!

My how time flies. This project started about a year ago. There are still details unaddressed, but I'm calling it done.
This insane sprocket came off an exercycle. I fitted in an equalizing rear cog to keep the ratio normal. The long chain came from the garage door guy.
image.jpg

Took it out for a test ride. Tires got dirty. Probably should have kept it indoors and called it a board track bike!
IMG_0431.JPG

Coils, clamp, and clearance.
IMG_0430.JPG

Aluminum tandem dogbone with homemade stainless carriage bolts. The long seat post and stem were fashioned out of aluminum stock.
IMG_0421.JPG

Some needed color.
IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG
7 Speed Shimano Nexus and a Wald Axle Mount with patina to match the seat clamp. Way too much shine going on.
IMG_0433.JPG

Thanks to everyone who supplied info, parts, and/or encouragement. I'm gearing up to getting the Flo-Cycle going.

Last edited:
I lied. The project is Not done.
IMG_0385.JPG
The sprocket is just too big. But, only to to the eye because the rear cog is also huge. It looks like a Racycle/Beach Cruiser. I figured I'd put a guard on it to dress it down a bit. I found a painted aluminum one that I forgot to photograph. I made a shoe to hold it steady.
IMG_0697.JPG
Strips of wood glued on allowed the guard to sit neatly and firmly so I could sand to my hearts content without difficulty. Linoleum on the countertop, a block of wood, sandpaper from #100 to # 1000. Wet or Dry and dish soap. I'm
IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

Then some Mothers polish.
IMG_0695.JPG

Looks great with no buffer.
IMG_0696.JPG

Almost like chrome.
IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

Ready to Ride!

Last edited:
Back