When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935-36 HW DURALIUM I'm

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I thought I was done, but no, it seems to never end! The Nexus 7 has a very week brake in that it heats up quickly. I found a couple of NOS New Departure WD brakes recently so I went for it.
IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

The project was bigger than re-lacing the wheel and finding a lever and cable. The cable rubbed against the tire, so I twisted a wire and screwed it into the forks, but the tire rubbed. There was no clearance. None.
IMG_2426.JPG

Can't get the welder into the axle slot, so that needed opening up.
IMG_2377.JPG

Lots of rod fusing and filling lengthened the forks. Lots of filing and sanding and polishing and I'm so done with all that, or so I thought.
IMG_2382.JPG

Here's the final set-up.
IMG_2425.JPG

A motorcycle throttle adjuster and cable.
IMG_2431.JPG

I had to make the top ferrule and brass cable end since the lever I found had size issues.
IMG_2430.JPG

After welding, I ended up with enough clearance to squeeze in a set of truss rods. More polishing, but it sure looks good with the rods.
IMG_2427.JPG

And the lever looks right-ish!!!
IMG_2428.JPG

Last edited:
Dam! Major skills there, I am jealous!
Don't be. It's mostly caveman technology. The welding is by a friend whose skills I envy. He's remarkable. The grinding, sanding, and polishing are practiced grunt work. The getting it done through thinking things out and figuring is the part I'm proudest of. The most fun is making the little bits on the lathe. But again, only a couple of knobs, like an Etch-a-Sketch.

Don't be. It's mostly caveman technology. The welding is by a friend whose skills I envy. He's remarkable. The grinding, sanding, and polishing are practiced grunt work. The getting it done through thinking things out and figuring is the part I'm proudest of. The most fun is making the little bits on the lathe. But again, only a couple of knobs, like an Etch-a-Sketch.
Beautifully done. Always neat to see that grunt work we do day in and day out actually payoff in other areas of our lives. Very nice.

Back