When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935/36 Schwinn CyclePlane

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ColsonTwinbar

Finally riding a big boys bike
So I was contacted by and old family friend who said he had a Klunker (he's originally from Marin County) for me to fix up. He didn't know much about it, but just sent it up with my brother. Turns out its a CyclePlane. Sorry to be a tease but I will have pictures up tomorrow. I am fixing it up for him on a slight budget but am looking for some parts. It looks like I will need new bars, stem, 1 grip end Reflector, chainguard. It may need a new front fender but I'm gonna see what I can do for this one. I am also looking for a D-cell battery tube for the silver ray. He wants a working light, but it is missing its tank. The color combo is black/ivory. Let me know if you have any of these parts!
-Nolan

IMG_4856-1.jpg

IMG_4857-1.jpg

IMG_4858-1.jpg

IMG_4859-1.jpg

IMG_4860-1.jpg

IMG_4861-1.jpg

35 cycleplane

So I was contacted by and old family friend who said he had a Klunker (he's originally from Marin County) for me to fix up. He didn't know much about it, but just sent it up with my brother. Turns out its a CyclePlane. Sorry to be a tease but I will have pictures up tomorrow. I am fixing it up for him on a slight budget but am looking for some parts. It looks like I will need new bars, stem, 1 grip end Reflector, chainguard. It may need a new front fender but I'm gonna see what I can do for this one. I am also looking for a D-cell battery tube for the silver ray. He wants a working light, but it is missing its tank. The color combo is black/ivory. Let me know if you have any of these parts!
-Nolan

The frame looks to be a 1935 double diamond frame. The other parts match that year with the exception of the ones you are looking for. (wrong tires of course)
When you said he wants you to fix it up, does that mean just straighten the fenders and add the parts you mentioned or do a restoration?
The parts you are looking for are usually on Ebay most of the time at reasonable prices.
IMO it wouldn't look right to put a battery tube on that bike, get a correct tank and the other parts and your almost complete.
That is a chain ring I am not familiar with!

Last edited:
Yep, they had the same rack and the same seat. The extent of the restoration will be a full cleaning and replacement of heavily rusted parts. I tried to get him to jump for a tank but he can't spend the money on it right now, as much as I would like to play with one of those in the meantime. I'm gonna try and find the correct sprocket and will be keeping my eye out for a new fender as this one would need a lot of work.

Back