When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Bluebird

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
All I have to say is WOW! I was one of the foster parents on its journey to you. When I picked it up it thought to myself... "Mike is crazy!" But WOW!

Did you end up keeping the bullet hole? I couldn't tell from the photos.

Thanks for getting the frame! The bullet hole is still visible from the inside. I just filled in the holes and hand filed over.

Onto smaller stuff, its amazing how many battle scars a single bike can collect over the years. These are some heavy gouges along the inside of the rear seat stays. Tig welded first, filed, and finish filled with silicon bronze before final filing and sanding.
0B80DF9B-05E2-4DAB-BC37-4123905AE320.jpeg

7836D286-DD9D-4B8F-99C9-4834DFC425BA.jpeg

1B6EFFE6-E797-4A61-9AA2-CAFD4F90D2F0.jpeg

Well, the Bluebird frame does not fit in the blasting cabinet, so I spent some time scrubbing the insides out with WD-40 and acetone using wire brushes. Not terrible but I’ll try again before applying any coating or paint - still plenty of chunks and bits to work out.
E123854A-166C-4F7B-B3F6-397E8BF854F9.jpeg

F7FAC1EB-A71A-45EE-884B-FE17D60C7E69.jpeg

Last edited:
As this goes, I'm growing equal parts antsy to see the finish and discouraged of my own capabilities as a bicycle enthusiast o_O

Absolutely inspirational work to so many of us. Its custom, its original, its VELO!

Erin

Back