When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Bluebird

-

Velocipedist Co.

I live for the CABE
Thanks to a couple cabe members, I have the opportunity to revive another early bluebird frame. Here’s how it arrived. Bent like a banana, rusty, some twisted tubing, rotted top tube to seat tube joint, freeze/split fork blades, 52 extra holes, and some missing parts.
45DA77BB-2D33-4FF3-982B-41DEA4C03F86.jpeg

75BD65F0-5BED-4208-BA6D-D0DBA9F7B1B2.jpeg

A38F19B6-751F-4973-9B98-EF34FDA4766E.jpeg

Then I experimented with some silicon bronze material, using my tig welder again, to further fill and file into shape. It melts at a lower temperature and seems to fill in areas without creating new voids and warpage. @JAF/CO turned me onto this stuff and so far I like it. I did some more straightening as well.
View attachment 1232962

View attachment 1232963

View attachment 1232964
Man you’re a master at that that’s great... good work I seen your other one you did turned out great Keep up the good work

Wow. To see where this was to just where you've taken it so far is inspirational.

I'd love to start with one in similar shape just to learn these skills as I go along and see that beautiful handiwork all over it. I'd leave it unpainted just to admire all the hard work and raw welded beauty.

Erin

Back