When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Bluebird

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Gathering the correct parts for an old bluebird is always problematic. I picked up some original buttons and a dash light socket at a yard sale this morning, and found a decent glass lens on craigslist local. My neigbor was cleaning out his garage and offered me an old speedometer he wasn’t using. And quite by chance , last night’s dumpster diving produced a correct prewar faceted reflector!

Gathering the correct parts for an old bluebird is always problematic. I picked up some original buttons and a dash light socket at a yard sale this morning, and found a decent glass lens on craigslist local. My neigbor was cleaning out his garage and offered me an old speedometer he wasn’t using. And quite by chance , last night’s dumpster diving produced a correct prewar faceted reflector!

View attachment 1243842

Where the hell do you live that neighbors and yard sales have pieces laying around for a Bluebird. Go to yard sales here in N.C. around me and people have old rusted and green slime on everything. Piles of s__t.

Onto smaller stuff, its amazing how many battle scars a single bike can collect over the years. These are some heavy gouges along the inside of the rear seat stays. Tig welded first, filed, and finish filled with silicon bronze before final filing and sanding.
View attachment 1239477

View attachment 1239479

View attachment 1239481

The guy who picked it out of the barn that had collapsed on top of it told me that the family had an engine in this bike at one time. There were mounting brackets bolted all over the frame that I had to remove for shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly do not know what to say. Your effort, and especially your skill and energy in bringing your project to this level, is remarkable! It’s so cool to think about another Bluebird being able to take flight, because of your focus! Looking forward to seeing where you ultimately take it and wishing you a very smooth ride.

Where the hell do you live that neighbors and yard sales have pieces laying around for a Bluebird. Go to yard sales here in N.C. around me and people have old rusted and green slime on everything. Piles of s__t.

Of course, I am kidding. Each of these parts was very difficult to acquire. I did go to a yardsale friday morning but I left with only an ugly vase for my mom. No bluebird parts. :(

Back