When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Colson Flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The green bike pictured does not appear to have the lug joints in the frame. Colson used lugs in up to three (3) main joint areas: the bottom bracket crank hanger; the head tube; and the seat post cluster.
Colson used lug joints until they didn’t; and sometimes afterwards.
Your bike appears to only have the lug joint at the seat post cluster. The green rat rod bike does not.
Some older Colson lug frame bikes also have different rear fork ends with a peculiar chain tensioner design; (i.e., a 4th joint area).

Your taller-frame motorbike looks cool.

Last edited:
The green bike pictured does not appear to have the lug joints in the frame. Colson used lugs in up to three (3) main joint areas: the bottom bracket crank hanger; the head tube; and the seat post cluster.
Colson used lug joints until they didn’t; and sometimes afterwards.
Your bike appears to only have the lug joint at the seat post cluster. The green rat rod bike does not.
Some older Colson lug frame bikes also have different rear fork ends with a peculiar chain tensioner design.
I edited my post, it was supposed to say not lugged! But it seems that mine is probably a January vs December build, which inconveniently narrows the change down to the entirety of 1935.

Last edited:
Good job on digging for the truth. Because of this, we all learn...Colson lugs in 35? Fooled me. Perhaps the Depression era that affected so many companies also affected Colson. Maybe held built frames then stamped them later? Or more likely Colson used up any forged parts like lugs when the chance presented itself. Your frame and fork numbers are SAME as my 26er (in terms of 26/29) The wheelbase on your frame is 2" longer than my early 1933 26er and 2" taller. Very nice old Colson with benefits..

I’ve had this for years, but I don’t think it ever had a proper introduction. It’s possibly the favorite ballooner in my collection. It’s black and cream, with gold pinstriping. In any case, thanks to @Boris I finally have the correct kickstand. I still need to tear down the headset and bottom bracket for a rebuild, and the seat is in desperate need of restoration. But I have done a couple of 20 mile rides on it.

View attachment 1929931

View attachment 1929933

View attachment 1929934

View attachment 1929935
Love these old Colson bikes from the late 20's-30's. This would be a awesome addition to any collection. RideOn. Mark.

Back