When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Colson Rover- Fully Restored Before & After

-

The Carolina Rambler

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello everybody, this is something I have been wanting to complete, and show ya'll for a long time, and I have finally finished it. This is my "new" 1935 Colson Rover, Balloon Tire Bicycle. My favorite things and time period in history is perhaps the 1920s and 30s, and I really wanted a nice deluxe bicycle from back then. So I bought one and restored it best I could. The restoration took at least 120 hours over 6 months to complete, finished just one week ago. This is the most thorough and complete restoration I have done to date. The seat alone took me over 10 hours to finish, all hand stitched- I bought the leather from member alecburns. Being that I am a younger fellow with a pretty limited budget and have no power equipment what so ever, that didn't really help things, but I got her done all by hand just the same. This bike was originally from Ohio, and was pretty far gone, with many mismatched or missing parts, pretty thick surface rust and pitting, and some parts in need of fabrication. Here are some photographs; some show the bicycle before restoration, with all the parts and pieces cobbled on there, and the after photos of the complete working bicycle. I have ridden this bike about 10 miles all around town so far, and have gotten her up to 30 Miles per hour, and all seems to be holding together nice and tight still, and I hope to get a good many more decades of service from this machine. It is rather exiting to get up to that speed on an 85 year old bicycle no doubt. Thank you all for reading, and for your help in achieving my goals!

1.JPG

1A.JPG

1B.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11-Pinstripes.JPG

Badge.png

Brake.JPG

Headlight.png

R-Seat.png

Seat 2.png

Last edited:
Congratulations on a job well done . :smileycat: What a unique and very good looking bike. I would be very proud of that . :poutingcat: Now...................keep it under 30 MPH !!!!! :smile:

Back