1935 Cycleplane original

This ad disappears when logged in

cyclingday

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 24, 2008
Compton, United States
This one definitely falls under the category of;
If they had only known, they would've taken better care of their bike.
Usually, black holds up better than that.
I'm sure, this one is destined for a little Fauxstoration.

Autocycleplane

I live for the CABE
Jan 6, 2010
San Francisco Bay, CA, United States
have you even seen the cycleplane markings?
Of course, but that has nothing to do with what you are talking about or what this bicycle was named by the manufacturer.

i am really very
thrilled to be in you presense and to be properly schooled by you, will most certainly teach me a good lesson indeed.
I'm not here to teach anyone anything. But I do think it is important to point out the hobby folklore that continues to persist despite proof to the contrary.

R

removed

schwinn bikes are the most common bikes because they made alot of bikes. i prefer depression era bikes brand x. but ive owned a number of early schwinns. before repop swap parts to rat rod. its a whole big world out there, regardless

R

removed

schwinn bikes are the most common bikes because they made alot of bikes. i prefer depression era bikes brand x. but ive owned a number of early schwinns. before repop swap parts to rat rod. its a whole big world out there, regardless

R

removed

Autocycleplane

I live for the CABE
Jan 6, 2010
I'd love to see a pic of this Cycleplane you describe. Eric posted the catalog pics of the Cycleplane.
Don't be tempted down the rabbit hole of faulty logic. Even if such a unicorn bike does exist (def seen the cycleplane where motorbike is on decal), it changes nothing about the fact that the bicycle that is the original topic of this post is in fact a 1935 Model 35 , aka the Cycleplane. And Cycleplane was a name that was used by Schwinn to describe a model we all refer to as the "Motorbike" in their catalogs in 35, 36, 37, and 38. These are facts, plain and simple.

bobcycles

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 30, 2006
so cal beaches
Huh? Was merely stating there was a BIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was saying that rare bikes like this are maybe undervalued... maybe 7500 should be a bargain for
bikes this rare...
Don't be tempted down the rabbit hole of faulty logic. Even if such a unicorn bike does exist (def seen the cycleplane where motorbike is on decal), it changes nothing about the fact that the bicycle that is the original topic of this post is in fact a 1935 Model 35 , aka the Cycleplane. And Cycleplane was a name that was used by Schwinn to describe a model we all refer to as the "Motorbike" in their catalogs in 35, 36, 37, and 38. These are facts, plain and simple.

ANYONE notice the ebay 35 Majestic has a 36 tank?

no prong but long D cell holder...

Autocycleplane

I live for the CABE
Jan 6, 2010
I was saying that rare bikes like this are maybe undervalued... maybe 7500 should be a bargain for
bikes this rare...

ANYONE notice the ebay 35 Majestic has a 36 tank?

no prong but long D cell holder...
I recall a bit of variation on these 35-36 tanks has been pointed out here and there over the last year or two. The wire hole location and battery type doesn’t seem to always follow the rules, as if there are any.

Last edited:

oskisan

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 31, 2006
Dublin, United States
How much do you all think this bike will go for? Also, do you think there is any paint under that rust (will an oxylic bath bring the paint back out)? Isn't $7500 a bit steep for this bike, especially with the paint in the condition it currently is in?

bobcycles

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 30, 2006
so cal beaches
How much do you all think this bike will go for? Also, do you think there is any paint under that rust (will an oxylic bath bring the paint back out)? Isn't $7500 a bit steep for this bike, especially with the paint in the condition it currently is in?

There's no telling...it's up pretty high right now based on the condition... as cool a 'survivor' as it is...
it will never be a 'pretty bike' with the rusty plating and paint loss and wear.
Still maybe a shame to restore that one..

ohdeebee

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Mar 4, 2010
Manitowoc, United States
$4000 was a good deal in my opinion. I wouldn't sell mine for that and just try building one. The tank is only the second hardest thing to find.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$9.99
eBay Auction Picture
$4.23
eBay Auction Picture
$600.00
eBay Auction Picture
$550.00
eBay Auction Picture
$299.99
eBay Auction Picture