When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Cycleplane original

-
I'd love to see a pic of this Cycleplane you describe. Eric posted the catalog pics of the Cycleplane.

Don't be tempted down the rabbit hole of faulty logic. Even if such a unicorn bike does exist (def seen the cycleplane where motorbike is on decal), it changes nothing about the fact that the bicycle that is the original topic of this post is in fact a 1935 Model 35 , aka the Cycleplane. And Cycleplane was a name that was used by Schwinn to describe a model we all refer to as the "Motorbike" in their catalogs in 35, 36, 37, and 38. These are facts, plain and simple.

Huh? Was merely stating there was a BIN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was saying that rare bikes like this are maybe undervalued... maybe 7500 should be a bargain for
bikes this rare...
Don't be tempted down the rabbit hole of faulty logic. Even if such a unicorn bike does exist (def seen the cycleplane where motorbike is on decal), it changes nothing about the fact that the bicycle that is the original topic of this post is in fact a 1935 Model 35 , aka the Cycleplane. And Cycleplane was a name that was used by Schwinn to describe a model we all refer to as the "Motorbike" in their catalogs in 35, 36, 37, and 38. These are facts, plain and simple.

ANYONE notice the ebay 35 Majestic has a 36 tank?

no prong but long D cell holder...

I was saying that rare bikes like this are maybe undervalued... maybe 7500 should be a bargain for
bikes this rare...

ANYONE notice the ebay 35 Majestic has a 36 tank?

no prong but long D cell holder...

I recall a bit of variation on these 35-36 tanks has been pointed out here and there over the last year or two. The wire hole location and battery type doesn’t seem to always follow the rules, as if there are any.

Last edited:
How much do you all think this bike will go for? Also, do you think there is any paint under that rust (will an oxylic bath bring the paint back out)? Isn't $7500 a bit steep for this bike, especially with the paint in the condition it currently is in?

How much do you all think this bike will go for? Also, do you think there is any paint under that rust (will an oxylic bath bring the paint back out)? Isn't $7500 a bit steep for this bike, especially with the paint in the condition it currently is in?

There's no telling...it's up pretty high right now based on the condition... as cool a 'survivor' as it is...
it will never be a 'pretty bike' with the rusty plating and paint loss and wear.
Still maybe a shame to restore that one..

$4000 was a good deal in my opinion. I wouldn't sell mine for that and just try building one. The tank is only the second hardest thing to find.

Back