When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Cycleplane

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

deepsouth

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm not sure whether to call this one a restoration or a resurrection. This bike was pretty much left for dead in an Alabama barn when Cabe member JOEL found it . It was bought by JohnG04 at a Pennsylvania swap meet. As you can see it was in pretty sad shape.

It found it's way to Georgia with Onecatahula. Pete got it into presentable shape as a rider. My original intent was to add a few missing parts and just keep it as was. Pete put me in touch with Mr Cycleplane who had a lot of the parts to do a restoration and the wheels were put in motion.

So, the process began. Since there was absolutely none of the original paint left the next step was to take it to bare metal.

Now it was time to chase all the parts. Thanks to several Cabe members and the classified ads I was able to find everything I needed.

After a LOT of prep work it was ready for paint. I do all my own paint work.

Was it all worth it? I think so. I'm glad I was able to save this piece of Schwinn history.

As with any project there are always people who deserves many thanks and much respect for their help with parts and more importantly their advice and support. A special thanks to Tyler Carlson, Shawn Sweeney, Bob Ujszaszi, Pete Deitrich, and DeTray plating for the great chrome work. It would not be a stretch to say I could not have done it without you.

Last edited:
Back