When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Elgin Gull

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wow!!!

Joe! Now that is by far my favorite Elgin I've ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous and so well preserved. Thank you for sharing with all of us knuckleheads!!!

Cheers!
judd

(I Would Think Long And Hard) before polising or changing anything even if it looks wrong the bike is so rare and that condtion is just crazy
dont do anything you cant undo

Great bike!

Am with Paul on this one.

Joe ... been in this stuff since '82 ... have NEVER seen one
of these machines 'cept in ads and illustrations. The non-
streamlined motorbikes, both early, high-pressure tire AND
balloon era have a very-special place in my heart.

The condition is quite remarkable. Thanks for sharing.

You are very-fortunate - Joe.

................. patric

=========================
=========================

Gull

I am happy to be able to share it with you here on the CABE. I am sad to see her go but I am happy that it will go in good hands some day. I have not found the lucky individual to wed my Gull. I will look forward to the day when I find her a good home. Possibly a museum or a very nice building or home with a/c to keep her well preserved.

This is why I spend way to much time on the cabe :)
Thanks so much for posting this.

Well it has been a crazy week replying to PMs and also researching all about this bike. I have found that the stem and bars were not made of aluminum. They used a Torrington stem and Cross brace bars (as per the sales add) I also found out that not all seats were red when these were made. I located a genuine stem and bars. I am going to use some reproduction grips for now until I can find some originals. Everybody wants to know the value of this bike. I honestly have no clue what she is worth. What can we compare this beautiful bike to? It' not spacy like twin bar and it's not graceful like a Blue Bird. But it is extremely rare and in original un-restored condition, that says a lot about a pre-war aluminum bike. I bought a steel Elgin moto-bike yesterday and all the parts to make a Elgin Gull I can ride. I am getting the frame plated in aluminum. I will post progress pics soon.

My Gull has aluminum cross brace handlebars.

IMG_0627.jpg

Gull

Wow!! Right on, finally get to see the correct parts. So it looks like I am only missing the stem and bars. Beautiful Gull!! Do you ride it much? I haven't even cleaned mine.

Back