When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Monark Silver King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TR6SC

I live for the CABE
This is my new round Hextube! So much to learn. I should probably buy Scott's book. As a matter of fact, I'll buy it tonight. In the meantime, please educate me. These were 24" bikes that a 26" wheel could be squeezed into? Did this year have the truss with or without the brace? Is this a pre or post window frame? Any and all help is Greatly appreciated.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
What are these holes at the bottom for? Which badge is correct? Thanks!!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It appears only the deluxe model had the extra brace for the truss rods, streamlined seat, delta silver ray light. The standard model didn't have these features. The fender was short up front, with no silver ray, standard long spring saddle seat, and no extra brace for the truss rods.

It appears only the deluxe model had the extra brace for the truss rods, streamlined seat, delta silver ray light. The standard model didn't have these features. The fender was short up front, with no silver ray, standard long spring saddle seat, and no extra brace for the truss rods.
Thanks Euphman, I just bought the book. Can you tell me more? Badge design? What do you know about the seat post clamp? And, are they all 24" wheels? Thanks, Mike

Not all were 24" wheels, but most of them were. Your frame isn't a hextube. i believe those were postwar and were six sided tubes not round. I think you can fit 26" wheels on there as long as you ditch the fenders, but not sure about that. The badge... probably this one. It looks like 1935 (early part at least) still had the windowed lugs.

35-head-badge-jpg.jpg

Thanks Euphman, I was making a little dummy with the Hextube comment. Here's my '47. I like the idea of knocking the sharp edges off to make the early version . But seriously, I appreciate your knowledge and enthusiasm. I don't think it makes sense to go looking for all the correct pieces, but it is nice to know what they are. Thanks for convincing me about the book. I'm going to study hard!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Not all were 24" wheels, but most of them were. Your frame isn't a hextube. i believe those were postwar and were six sided tubes not round. I think you can fit 26" wheels on there as long as you ditch the fenders, but not sure about that. The badge... probably this one. It looks like 1935 (early part at least) still had the windowed lugs.

35-head-badge-jpg.jpg

35-head-badge-jpg.jpg

I believe your frame is a '36 Hawthorne Duralium and the lower headtube holes are not factory.
Welcome aboard, enjoy the book.
Chris

Badge black hawthorne with wings, somewhat common.
Could be equipped different ways to the model/order from Montgomery Wards.
Chris

Back