When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 or 36 schwinn motorbike cycleplane serial number?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Take a look at this and you’ll see the difference in the font https://vintageamericanbicycles.com/index.php/schwinn/

then take a look at this which is what I think you have. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1938-schwinn-model-bc117.143613/
What a serial number for a 36 look like. This one per other caber and the collector that sell this bike to me was a 36. Now am wondering what a serial number for a 36 will be i was thinking Axxxxx for a 35 and Bxxxxx for a 36.

What a serial number for a 36 look like. This one per other caber and the collector that sell this bike to me was a 36. Now am wondering what a serial number for a 36 will be i was thinking Axxxxx for a 35 and Bxxxxx for a 36.
It’s not the letters it’s the font. Look at the link to my website which shows examples of each style. The ‘36 style font is much different than the bike you have. I’m no expert but I think you have a ‘38 BC not a Motorbike

The 1936 and earlier serial numbers were hand stamped. Yours is machine stamped so 37 and later.

Tank is a 35/36. Fenders look to be shallow’36 fenders. They’re similar to that of a 37+ C model fenders. Early Cycleplane rear carrier. ‘37 frame.
‘37 Cycleplane

*The only thing that bugs me about that tank, is the front hanger is in the wrong location for ‘35/‘36. My guess is the tank is a reproduction. For example, look at my Original paint ‘36 Mead Ranger/Zephyr in my profile pic.

Last edited:
Tank is a 35/36. Fenders look to be shallow’36 fenders. They’re similar to that of a 37+ C model fenders. Early Cycleplane rear carrier. ‘37 frame.
‘37 Cycleplane

*The only thing that bugs me about that tank, is the front hanger is in the wrong location for ‘35/‘36. My guess is the tank is a reproduction. For example, look at my Original paint ‘36 Mead Ranger/Zephyr in my profile pic.
He said the tank was glass. The BC has shallow fenders. V/r Shawn

Back