When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Production CWC Bicycle Thread.

-
This document printed in American Bicyclist and Motorcyclist talked about the projected production numbers.

We can debate production numbers if you have any printed document that states otherwise.

What this thread needs are examples of bicycles, early 1935 examples that share the same fender and fender braces as my pictured examples above.

I am aware of that chart, but that does not address the production number.
With the exception of an unknown number of 4 digit serial bikes, it is assumed that once they started with the traditional numbering system, that the first one may have been A00001 continuing through A99999 before starting with B00001. Each letter equates 100,000 units, until after skipping "I" at K99999 and reaching one million units in late 1941 , they returned to "A". The chart shows the B series starting aprox 1937. The announcement in 1935 that the company was projected to produce 250,000 units annually, is much exaggerated in hopes of promoting the new company.

Assumptions and conjecture is hardly gospel. But I get it.

This thread is specifically for the low 4 digit serial bikes and others with earlier serials.

Again, like my examples above. Please post any bikes that you have/had that meet this criteria.

Last edited:
It sure does look like the snub nose front fender. Don, does it have the non rivet one piece fender braces, also, does it have the four digit or lower serial number ?

The picture is kind of grainy to see the brace detail well.

Back