When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1935 Raleigh ( From Scrach)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1951 C.W.S

Finally riding a big boys bike
Looking to build this bike
( Don’t want to buy )
What hub would go on a bike of this year ? Sturmey k ,x or aw
Looking for quadrant shifter (and 1951 shifters for different bike )
All parts for rod brakes
Thank you for help in advance

5C68C6B1-88FE-45F5-BAB7-E31E989DB34E.jpeg

7B04944C-79A5-40B4-A068-F2B7A94DD6E1.jpeg

Probably this machine would have been fitted with a K hub. "K5" means "1935," by the way.
We have lots of rod brake parts and possibly a proper shifter, certainly a quadrant type, in case you are still looking.
Geoff Rogers

I found lots of rod brake parts today, but only one side-activated one. It's NOS, by coincidence. We also have new rod brake shoes, lots in stock, and several gearcases for 26 and 28-in-wheel machines.
I found one quadrant shifter on a '39 Raleigh, which I am considering parting out so it may be available soon. That machine has an AW9 hub, 1939. I'd sell the whole bike for $100 plus shipping. Not much else on it is really much good and the frame is slightly bent. Cable brakes, too.
No luck with K or A hubs but we go to England every September and always come back with bike stuff, so there is agood chance we can find a K hub this fall, in cae you are still looking.
We have several Dynohubs. You will want an early Bakelite type, I would think. We have one from the fifties, working, for $50 on a good Raleigh 26" raised-center wheel. It even has a Michelin tire with original steel stem, that holds air...
IMG_2379.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

Hi,

have been away in the U.K for good part of the Summer, still plan on culling the hers, essentially done nothing. Aside from the shifter what else are you looking for ?

Hi,

have been away in the U.K for good part of the Summer, still plan on culling the hers, essentially done nothing. Aside from the shifter what else are you looking for ?

frame 24"
28" rim brake rims
dyno hub
full chain guard
old style shifter
handle bars with rod brakes
no later than 1950

Ok, perhaps I am missing something, you are looking to buy a whole bike and rebuild it ? Am off to get sleep, will check in the morning. was it you that was interested in the '48, but the price was too high ? Kindly refresh.

Thanks.

Ok, perhaps I am missing something, you are looking to buy a whole bike and rebuild it ? Am off to get sleep, will check in the morning. was it you that was interested in the '48, but the price was too high ? Kindly refresh.

Thanks.
part together or revamp
it could have been me ,now that i think a bit more it probably was me
good night

Back