When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1935 Schwinn Double Diamond Cycleplane

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

onecatahula

Living the Dream
Really don't want to do this, but I suddenly need to buy a car. This is an exceptionally fun rider that I have enjoyed for many years. Paint is exactly as I got it from a fellow Caber. Love the orange and black ! Hanging tank is correct and solid; no rust. I added the correct Aerocycle rack and Troxel saddle, and superwide Torrington crossbars. Also added correct 35 Aerocycle cycle chain ring and some old red Torrington 10s. Red BF Goodrich tires. Reflector is a correct 36, not 35. Fenders and wheelset may or may not be correct (front hub does not have the center bump). Jiffy stand. Cool Rare Schwinn Century brass badge ! Strip and paint your dream Cycleplane, or keep it funky and ride as is. 2700 + the ride or pick up in NorCal. > > SOLD
Thanks,
Pete

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0504.JPG

IMG_0505.JPG

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

Last edited:
If this bike is going to be restored, I have an original rack in dark red that I would be interested in trading for an original in black.

-Jake
[email protected]

Last edited:
I would like to know when you refer to this bike as a Double Diamond what features or markings make it a Double Diamond thanks Mike

I’m asking cause I think I stumbled across either a cycleplane or autocycle. How do you define which is which?

7AA04459-E910-4A6A-9B64-780E0668D4D6.png

141915AB-D4A3-4F0D-AD08-FC637E341D7D.png

IMO, it was never an Autocycle or Cycleplane. It most likely started out as a C-model based on the fork and frame. I’ve never seen an Autocycle with a straight downtube and another giveaway for Autocycle material is a ground screw hole toward the front of the middle bar. If the frame and fork have always remained together, Cycleplanes have more curvature in the truss rods. The fenders might be off of another bike as are the saddle, stem and most likely the handlebars. These comments are based on my own observations.

Back