When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936-39 Mercury 'Pod' Bikes Observations

-
Does anyone know for sure?I thought it was a 1 year thing anyway s . Not very many of them out there that’s for sure
@fordmike65 what year do you think your girly is ? Never seen another one , only parts of one . Iv seen a few of these with the kickstand brackets ripped off .

IMG_3855.png

IMG_3092.jpeg

Last edited:
I originally thought this was a pod bike missing the pod. Since it’s missing the built in kickstand and has a light mount on the fender..I’m guessing it’s not. I found this bike a couple years ago ironically in Hastings, NY. Going to get to it soon..most likely this spring. Just wondering what year the bike is and what light is supposed to go on the fender. Im guessing it’s a 1936 but no real idea. I thought the “MO_” serial numbers started in 37 and this bike only has numbers from what I can tell. Reading about the pod light on a different thread today got me wondering. Thanks

IMG_8451.jpeg

IMG_8450.jpeg

I originally thought this was a pod bike missing the pod. Since it’s missing the built in kickstand and has a light mount on the fender..I’m guessing it’s not. I found this bike a couple years ago ironically in Hastings, NY. Going to get to it soon..most likely this spring. Just wondering what year the bike is and what light is supposed to go on the fender. Im guessing it’s a 1936 but no real idea. I thought the “MO_” serial numbers started in 37 and this bike only has numbers from what I can tell. Reading about the pod light on a different thread today got me wondering. Thanks

View attachment 2009424

View attachment 2009425
Not a pod. May want to start a seperate thread on this bike.

Back