When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Ace High

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OliverRage

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked this bike up the other day. Anyone ever heard of it? I was told it is a 1936 Cleveland Rainbow frame.
5ABAD60D-0E92-43CE-8F2C-8C9B7ECFB28A.jpeg
BED2BA4B-8FDD-4435-BB0E-0ACD0F7E29DA.jpeg

Yeah, I don’t know. I can’t find any information on the head badge either. The rear hub is morrow and has F 4 punched into it, and the serial number on the bike is A52942. Any info is much appreciated!!

I picked this bike up the other day. Anyone ever heard of it? I was told it is a 1936 Cleveland Rainbow frame. View attachment 824531View attachment 824532
Must have been a hardware store in Portland back in the day. Bike manufacturer's built bikes for many hardware, sporting goods, and department stores back in the day and the stores had their own badges instead of the manufacturer's badge. Cool bike man.
Sean

Must have been a hardware store in Portland back in the day. Bike manufacturer's built bikes for many hardware, sporting goods, and department stores back in the day and the stores had their own badges instead of the manufacturer's badge. Cool bike man.
Sean
Thanks! I’m having an issue though: When I pedal with weight/force it makes a creaky noise. I had the hub rebuilt and greased the front sprocket berrings. It still creaks! When I have it on a stand and pedal there is no noise. It’s hard to tell where exactly the noise is coming from.

Thanks! I’m having an issue though: When I pedal with weight/force it makes a creaky noise. I had the hub rebuilt and greased the front sprocket berrings. It still creaks! When I have it on a stand and pedal there is no noise. It’s hard to tell where exactly the noise is coming from.
Have you removed the crank/chainring assembly cleaned and greased the bottom bracket bearings? I'm not sure but with a creaking noise while pedaling sounds like the bottom bracket.
V/r
Sean

If there's no noise when pedaling on a stand, try spinning the front wheel. May need grease in the front hub bearings.

Back