When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Bianchi "FOLGORE" Pista?? on eBay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
@labile - check out the Pop Brennan thread ( thought to be a Brennan ) on the early Bianchi ( 1920's? ) with the rear facing TRACK dropouts.

1936 Bianchi track bike

I did read somewhere about the Bianchi riders would ride to the Velodrome and strip their brakes and gears off the Road bike and go Track racing.

Anyway ....

Here's another 20's Bianchi with rear facing dropouts. ( looks like they decided to put a brake and pump on it )

e627366c-eb80-45b0-9f9e-befa167a9f34.jpg

A very cool magazine early '53 showing Coppi aboard his Bianchi Track bike with rear facing dropouts.

s-l1600 4.jpg

I did read somewhere about the Bianchi riders would ride to the Velodrome and strip their brakes and gears off the Road bike and go Track racing.

Anyway ....

Here's another 20's Bianchi with rear facing dropouts. ( looks like they decided to put a brake and pump on it )

View attachment 1588304

A very cool magazine early '53 showing Coppi aboard his Bianchi Track bike with rear facing dropouts.

View attachment 1588307
the pic of the magazine you have posted shows front facing rear dropouts (in this particular frame made by Campagnolo, pretty similar to the road ones).

you can see here another Coppi bike with the same rear dropouts

, plus another post WWII Coppi Bianchi track bike (1946-47) and a 1956 Melbourne team pursuit gold medal bike. All with front facing rear dropouts.

I sent an email a few weeks ago to the person who owns the 1920's Bianchi Track bike that I mentioned earlier. Haven't heard anything back yet.

So, I decided to go look through thousands of film photos I have stored in boxes and wasn't able to find the side shot photo I took of the bike.

BUT ........ I was able to find the negative from that photo. ( it looks to me like it has rear facing TRACK dropouts - 1920's Bianchi - just as I thought! )

Raced by Frank Duesenberg early 20's ...

L1040308.JPG

L1040310 2.JPG

L1040311 2.JPG

IMG_0135.jpg

@corbettclassics I've checked all Bianchi catalogs from late 1910s to early 40s.
You were right: all Bianchi track bikes until the 1929 have rear facing dropouts. There's a couple of years in which I honestly don't know how they were made.

In 1933/34 Bianchi introduced the road racing Bovet model with new designed dropouts and that style of front facing rear dropouts were used in track bikes as well until mid 50s - even though there are frames from 1953 circa with rear facing dropouts.

@corbettclassics I've checked all Bianchi catalogs from late 1910s to early 40s.
You were right: all Bianchi track bikes until the 1929 have rear facing dropouts. There's a couple of years in which I honestly don't know how they were made.

In 1933/34 Bianchi introduced the road racing Bovet model with new designed dropouts and that style of front facing rear dropouts were used in track bikes as well until mid 50s - even though there are frames from 1953 circa with rear facing dropouts.
Thank you for that Carlo. Excellent information for the future!

Back