When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Clipper CWC Double bar

-
Too bad it's not a Huffman.
Dick would've loved this headbadge.
image.jpeg
Cool bike with an even cooler story!
Nice find, Mark!

Cool bike with an even cooler story!
Nice find, Mark!
Thanks Marty.
1E638D93-A3D9-4E94-B698-CF23C58C39B4-1.jpg
B041032B-E3B8-46EE-85E7-921AF9BAAE30.jpg
3B860FE6-3530-4922-BC0B-9F282F6F214B.jpg

I think of Dick when I ride this bike.
I checked into CWC history of their famous "Master Weld" design; they did it in 1938.
Maybe the offset BB is a design flaw that puts more stress on the seat tube.
I'm pretty sure I need to get it fixed before I ride it like a kid who later becomes a Fighter Pilot.....
I really like this bike and enjoy riding it so I'm asking, "What's the next step?"

Doubt it, I have three and none of my 36 off set frames are like that.

Looks like an EZ fix though. Love the look of those roadsters, great bike.

We can clamp it on at Reds Java House, zero it for sea level and see if it registers the change up on the bridge. From research I found it's used for sky diving. You can use it for a Yosemite ride!

Update; I bought the original neck and bars this bike had when it was found.
I didn't want them because I ride a "different" style and I know of plenty of them that broke.
That discussion I don't want to have here, but the neck broke tightening it and I installed the "Trusty" Wald #3
I took it out and will ride these bars on it as long as I get to be the care-taker of this cool bike.
1st pic was from the for sale ad here when I bought it; passing on those pieces.
DSC00199.jpg
IMG_8934.jpg
IMG_8946.JPG
IMG_8945.JPG
IMG_8949.JPG
IMG_8950_2.JPG
IMG_8951.jpg

'Lives inside with Syracuse and Delmar.;)

Back