When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Colson LWB

-
Everything is painted......and I need to get all the pieces to the plater.... so it will be intermission until the parts come back..

giphy.gif

Well.....been wondering why it's taking so long with the chrome....They are usaully very quick on the turn around... I called them Friday to inquire but forgot they are closed on Fridays.....

On a side note, I get tons of spam/scam calls from 1 time #s or ones that leave pre-recorded messages, so I spend a little time blocking #s..

So I decided to go look at the info on their #, and low and behold....I had inadvertently blocked their #......

Image-1 (002).jpg

I take back all of my swear words....

facepalm.gif

Yep......................I'm officially an Idiot......Plating has been done for a while...
One of the things I was worried about was the rims....(Quite expensive to plate) The rims were pitted like the rear fender in earlier pics, and the young lady said she wasn't sure if they would show or not when done....I picked all the pieces up today and the first things she brought out were the rims. Even she said how nice they turned out....all I could say was "WOW!!!!!!!!" More to come.....

The front hub:D:p:):sunglasses:

IMG_2107.JPG

All the striping is done.....not sure about it though.....I had to go measure it.......it is less than 1/8" in width (7/64") but it looks like 1/4" stripes due to the contrast I guess.:nomouth: It's going to have to grow on me......
Here's a few more pieces of jewelry......:sunglasses:

IMG_2114.JPG

IMG_2115.JPG

I didn't want to start putting it together until my wheels were done....I've been going back and forth on paying big $$$$$$ to have someone do them...I don't like fresh painted things to sit in the stand very long....
I decided no time like the present to learn how to myself.....waiting on spokes to arrive...:oops:

Back