When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Colson LWB

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I check in on this thread every couple of weeks. Today, I was very surprised with your change of direction on the color. I think this new color will look great, but I also liked the maroon.
Just finished building a small bike shed and ended up repainting the colors on the doors and trim 3 times. We're our own worst critics, eh?
I thought I was your worst critic.

I check in on this thread every couple of weeks. Today, I was very surprised with your change of direction on the color. I think this new color will look great, but I also liked the maroon.
Just finished building a small bike shed and ended up repainting the colors on the doors and trim 3 times. We're our own worst critics, eh?
Liked the Maroon, it was just, as @OldSkipTooth said...."the fenders look a little like Christmas hard candy." If I could have toned down the ivory like on @fordmike65 OG bike... It didn't look good to my eye..I looked at these parts for quite some time before I decided. My thinking was that if I go with the ivory, all of the maroon had to come off....I didn't want the maroon to show if I got a chip in it. I had the frame blasted again, too hard for me to get in all the nooks and crannies, which meant I had to redo all of the repair work like before due to the fact the previous owner used a disc grinder to remove the paint...and yes, I am my worst critic....
I think it will look a lot better with the maroon striping, maybe even classy....

Last edited:
Liked the Maroon, it was just, as @OldSkipTooth said...."the fenders look a little like Christmas hard candy." If I could have toned down the ivory like on @fordmike65 OG bike... It didn't look good to my eye..I looked at these parts for quite some time before I decided. My thinking was that if I go with the ivory, all of the maroon had to come off....I didn't want the maroon to show if I got a chip in it. I had the frame blasted again, too hard for me to get in all the nooks and crannies, which meant I had to redo all of the repair work like before due to the fact the previous owner used a disc grinder to remove the paint...and yes, I am my worst critic....
I think it will look a lot better with the maroon striping, maybe even classy....

AIN'T RETIREMENT GRAND!!!

OK, I'm back and my Christmas project is done and gone............
The aftermath.....

More of the project to come.......:cool:

Well, a little bit of build restarting.....lace up the rim, rebuild the rear hub by tomorrow.....

It's just too cold to be outside doing the striping........ as reluctant as I am about bringing it all into the house for striping (I can be clumsy at times, and oil paint and my floors probably won't mix well) I may just do it to finish this up.......

A few things I have learned while doing my own lacing for the first time.....
1. Don't trust what others have previously put on old bikes....
Wasn't planning on doing my own wheels, so I didn't pay much attention if they where done right.... I did notice that the rear spokes stuck out of the nipples in the rim, but didn't pay attention if they were tight or not....I figured I could maybe trim with a Dremel if needed....No, they wouldn't tighten enough.....Sooooo
2. Use one of the many spoke calculators that are online instead of doing some miscalculation of the difference in the diameters of the hubs...
Obviously, I used the whole difference instead of 1/2 of it........

Pics of the old length and the new length I bought.. Hmmmmmm

Now a pic of the longer spoke installed and tightened a little, and a new spoke......Hmmmmmm

263mm spoke to a 256mm....Hmmmmm
Well, now to order some 260mm and hopefully I can get this bike done.......

Back