1936 Elgin Bluebird - Progress!

This ad disappears when logged in

Velocipedist Co.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 18, 2010
Monrovia, CA
Yes generally. Depending on what kind of base medium your using you can chose one that mixes well. PM me if you want sometime. I used to do ceramics restoration where color/texture/level of gloss match was critical. There are a couple ways to do it. I would often get the final finish by knocking of the excess shine of the final with superfine sponge.
Thanks!

Hawthornecrazy

Aug 31, 2015
Rochester Minnesota, United States
Wow Steve that is amazing work. It's great to see someone put in the time and effort to bring back a bike and revive it so it can be enjoyed by you and everyone else in the hobby that gets a chance to see it.Thank you for posting the progress on this project.

Velocipedist Co.

May 18, 2010
Monrovia, CA
IMG_2979.JPG
IMG_3027.JPG
Ok, I think I'm done kinda. Made some trim tabs to hold that eyebrow in place, painted the rack, and added one of Joe's fender ornaments.

For nostalgic purposes, I chose to leave the saddle and bars that were on the bike when it was pulled out of that old barn. I like the idea that they were likely used by the original owner.

I opted for some busted original grips. Still not too proud of that battery door latch mechanism, maybe I'll improve that later.

Last edited:

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
$12.00
eBay Auction Picture
$20.00
eBay Auction Picture
$45.00
eBay Auction Picture
$39.30
eBay Auction Picture
$35.00