When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Elgin Bluebird - Progress!

-
Wow, you really brought this legend back to life. Flat bars are killer...also, what are those pedals, nice style lines...unless they're 200 bucks...I think I need a set. What size are those rims - they look really great... Overall really nice fab work and thread, nice skills.

BART

I love the look but what's wrong with that seat-clamp? Something is very amiss there.

3473599496_7106634e9d_z.jpg

Wow, you really brought this legend back to life. Flat bars are killer...also, what are those pedals, nice style lines...unless they're 200 bucks...I think I need a set. What size are those rims - they look really great... Overall really nice fab work and thread, nice skills.

BART

Those pedals are Bluebird pedals and I think just a set of repo pedal blocks is $100 so don't go looking for a set of these on the cheap! V/r Shawn

I love the look but what's wrong with that seat-clamp? Something is very amiss there.

View attachment 422116

I inverted the clamp so that I could sit higher to endure the Sears ride this past September. I agree that it would look much better lower to the frame. I would have typically raised the post but I was trying to disguise the obnoxious rust/no rust line on the post at the time.

In hindsite, I should have never compromised asthetics for comfort.:(

Btw, how's your BB coming along? Any changes?

Last edited:

BART

Thanks!

Pedals are reproduction. I'll be restoring a set of correct ones in the coming weeks to replace these.

Rims are 26" blunts. Tires are Schwalbe fat franks.

Btw, how's your BB coming along? Any changes?
Sadly I haven't even put the fork back in it since I took it apart to bring it home. I do a lot more storing of bikes than restoring. It's in the queue but there's about a half dozen bikes ahead of it. I'm currently averaging about zero completed bike projects per year so at this rate It could take a while. At least it's not exposed to the elements like it was where the previous owner had it.

Last edited:
Can you tell me how to take the speedometer out and back in.I have a cable for mine but cant figure out how to get the speedo out to install it

Back