When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Elgin Bluebird - Progress!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I was with Steve and Jamie at Joe's house today. I swung may bike by so Steve could get some measurements. It looks like Steve will be ready to roll this weekend and Jamie might be able to get two of them rolling. I can't wait to see them in person.

OUCH! Why does that kind of stuff always happen?
I can relate, yesterday I was finally painting a pedal car that I've spent months working on. I had it hanging from a hook on my garage door. I got it all finished and it looked pretty good- then I decided to go into the house and closed the garage door behind me....whoops! Car came crashing down and I will be starting the repainting process today.

Great work on the BB. You will get there! Minor setbacks are part of EVERY project.
I was in a similar situation, just not as catastrophic. I had a wire hanging from the garage door rails and on this wire were 72 freshly painted spokes. I close the garage door before I leave and the door caught the wire and got the door goobered up meanwhile 2 feet over ITS RAINING SPOKES!!! Ding ding ding ding said the spokes as the hit the dirty concrete floor. Crap. I'm late, and can't leave the garage door half open, AND THE POOR SPOKES. So I stayed later fixed the door picked up the spokes, counted them, 63, 64, 65, :mad:. Till this day 3 are still hiding amongst the pile of random parts I haven't organized... Oh and the spokes are for a traditional hot rod bike repaint. Just a cheapo late 60s Murray frame.

Its been a minute since I last dedicated some time to my Bluebird project. I've been wanting to get fenders installed ever since the Coasters Sears September ride.

I had initially planned to modify a skylark fender that I acquired. This part was swapped out, however, for a Robin rear fender which shared an identical profile to the bluebird/skylark/robin front.

The idea to weld a Bluebird fender tip to a robin rear was a suggestion from Jim Frazier to help reduce the amount of welding on the very thin fender sheet metal.

It worked!

IMG_3461.JPG
IMG_3460.JPG

A silver skylark front overlaps a yellow Robin rear to illustrate the matching profile.

Back