When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Elgin Bluebird - Progress!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This thread reads like a great book with amazing art! Words can hardly describe what happened from page 1 to page 8. From the frame repairs, the fork resurrection, the front fender fixes, and that patina paint job is out of this world! I've learned a few things here, but looks like you really listened to how others do things and really put your stamp on it. Two thumbs way the f#@k up! Outstanding job! Joe

Well, in an attempt to stop the chemical reaction that I implemented to create much of that dusty rust texture, I think I killed some of the realism of my patina work :(

I used a clearcoat that I was told would dry flat and colorless.

I dont like it as much but at least I can touch and handle the bike without rubbing off my work.

IMG_0307.JPG
IMG_0311.JPG

Also, aside from killing some texture, it also added some unwanted sheen

[emoji106]use a little tripped 000 steel wool or an old wool shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Jim.

I tried steel wool but it removed the rust color I created before killing the gloss. Maybe 1000 sandpaper?

I also thought I would add a thicker layer of clear coat and then try steel wool again.

Back