When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Elgin Bluebird - Progress!

-
I know this is an old thread but since the bike just sold I have a few questions to ask the Bluebird experts. I read the resto thread and am impressed with how well it came out. Lots of time and effort and well worth it it seems. I don't know what the final sale price was. The asking price was $10k. If it sold for this amount or near it what is an original Bluebird worth ? I guess they're more rare than I imagined. Anyone care to elaborate ? Thanks !

There are many more restored than original Bluebirds out there. I still wouldn't call an original BB rare compared to say a '37 or '38 original RMS. Desirability and demand is what drives the price of these. Earlier this year or late last year an original paint bike with minor issues hit $14k on Ebay although I know that was not the true price of the bike. I think the market price of an original BB would be in the $13-17k range depending on condition, color, and who the players are when it hit the market. V/r Shawn

I agree, that sounds like a very realistic spread for current value.
IMG_2979.JPG

May I post this to my Instagram

Back