When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Elgin Bluebird tear down

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Mikes bikes

That bluebird going look good ! Hello I'm mike . Enjoying your tear down, I'm wanting too get a bluebird going one day .i'm new on the cabe .I would like hear more about the bluebird ! Thanks,mike

Base coat finished

I got these parts back from paint today, next week the stripes will be on and everything is going to chrome shop tomorrow. Still looking for seat and rear rack. Also need a set of NOS 7/8" spoke nips, flat two sides if anyone has please let me know.

Thanks

2DC53F61B5FF4FB8946FD9151491D298_zpswrzz-1.jpg

F962EA2FFAE44A949AAFE14AEBD3CF8F_zpsmmih-1.jpg

F1369A9687494F519DBF93D08FA318CC_zpsi8od-1.jpg

Nice

Get them Rick a bike any a few of us will ever have,way out of my range phew

Did they paint the original fender rivets like that?

Not sure, maybe you should go outside and see if yours was painted like that or better yet lets call Sears and ask them. I decided to do it that way because I didn't want to damage a $2000 paint job installing "Reproduction" rivets in it.

Rick

It's a beautiful color. Is that metallic? I'm a former car guy and not so knowledgeable about bikes, but I didn't think metallic paints were used much back then (or you don't care to be exactly correct, which is cool, I'm just curious).

It's a beautiful color. Is that metallic? I'm a former car guy and not so knowledgeable about bikes, but I didn't think metallic paints were used much back then (or you don't care to be exactly correct, which is cool, I'm just curious).

the bluebirds were available in metalic blue starting in 1937 as far as I know.

Back