When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1936 Elgin Cycle Motor - lowered price, trade

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

decotriumph

I live for the CABE
SOLD pending payment - I am selling my circa 1936 Elgin bicycle with mounted complete and correct Elgin Cycle Motor. I am open to partial or complete trade offers of original streamline bikes, Indiana- or Tennessee-built TOC bikes, prewar or immediate postwar boys tank bikes, etc. Tell me what you have to trade.

1936 Elgin w/motor as shown - $1750 is the new lower price, local pick-up or shipping through your shipper (like uShip).
The bicycle itself is an older restoration (with a few paint chips) missing only the grips and a drop stand. I have a stand I can include. It has Carlisle Lightning Dart whitewall tires with good tread and pliable rubber. The tubes hold air for a couple months at a time. The engine mounted to it is complete and according to the friend I bought it from "almost runs." Someone handy with small engines could probably have it going pretty quickly. Gas tank is clean and undented, muffler and carb are clean and correct as well. The cast mounting brackets are extremely rare. I only know of one other set though there may well be more around in someone's stash. The bike with its motor:
DSC_0030-1.jpg
DSC_0028-1.jpg
DSC_0031-1.jpg
DSC_0029-1.jpg

Elgin Cycle Motors were made in Muncie, Indiana, by Muncie Gear Works and were sold as a package or complete with bike by Sears, Roebuck & Co. The identical motor with a different flywheel cover was also sold as the Muncie Cycle Motor. The same company also made Neptune Outboard Motors. The motors have Tillotson carburetors and are 2-cycle.

If you need to see photos of anything else, please PM me. I have lots more photos. PM with any questions, too. Thanks for looking. SOLD pending payment

Last edited:
Answering the question once and for all; why some 1930s bicycles have the front part of the fender cut off. I used to have an Elgin Oriole just like that one.

I'm the "friend that he bought it from". If anyone has any questions regarding what the complete bike needs to make it run, feel free to message me for the details.
I have no doubt that with the rest of the parts Alan has acquired that the engine can be running with just an evening's worth of tinkering.

I was dying for this, but now the $ is gone.....
Someone should take advantage of this Great deal........

Last edited:
This is a rare bird.... I think the only other complete one was a Muncie version... C'mon you Elgin fans, this is your big chance....

Bumpalicious with new lowered price. I have this on eBay now but I'd rather sell it through The CABE. Look it over and make me a trade offer, partial or complete. Indiana or Tennessee built TOC bikes, prewar or immediate postwar boys tank bikes, etc. Thanks

Back