When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Excelsior Motorbike Build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Although you could run a forged steel stem like the Wald #2 or#3(which have been main-stays since the turn of the century)......the "correct-o-mundo" stem is the Torrington 't' deco pot-metal stem you are running. Anything else would just not look right.

“Friends don’t let friends ride with pot metal stems.”
But, a dislocated thumb and a broken collarbone is no joke

I too love the look of the art deco "pot metal" stem and will run mine with one when I do final assembly, but I prefer to live vicariously through others when it comes to their hardships; a broken collarbone? I'll pass.
Makes me think Marty!

I can appreciate the burden of parting one of these together, it just makes no cents. Beautiful build!

Made some final adjustments…leveled the bars so the delta gangway rides in front of the cross bar and ditched the drop stand as it was going to split the fender. Maybe not catalog correct but close and have the drop stand on the shelf and in the ready. Also rebuilt the morrow hub a second time…still ghost pedals…ugh! Has me longing for a new departure!

AB2FF805-F083-4375-B4D8-14FC30C714D6.jpeg
E2AB13AC-B1BA-4AB9-8505-76190ED5BC6B.jpeg
69FDBA00-D78A-4B4F-91BC-17EBED2C5CF3.jpeg

Back