When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Excelsior Motorbike Build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Drivetrain and rear end complete…
2CB1FDBF-F9AB-45D3-80A0-425B34E31EA0.jpeg

Nice work!
It’s looking really good!
I’ve also been running the pot metal Torrington stem on mine, but have always had this little voice telling me, that I shouldn’t be riding the bike with it on there.
It’ll be one of those nagging regrets you’ll have, when you’re nursing the broken collarbone over the Summer.
I haven’t changed mine out yet either, but I know I should.
Any aftermarket accessory stem from the period would be technically correct.
Personally, I think the Torrington Swan stem looks the best, with the pancake horn attached.
But the Wald #3 is also tried and true, and looks good, if no pancake horn is to be used.
As a joke, we like to say,
“Friends don’t let friends ride with pot metal stems.”
But, a dislocated thumb and a broken collarbone is no joke.
With that said, I’m thinking I better get out there and change that stem!

Next step...the tank. This entire project was inspired by this beautiful tank. I swapped some parts around on my existing bikes, sourced other parts, bought donor bikes, etc. All to dial this Motorbike in. Literally pillaged all my best parts for this build...I think it was worth it. Still have to dial it in...tank straps are too shiny, Morrow hubs give me trouble and the bike ghost pedals so need to deal with that and the drop stand has been "altered" (see huge rivets) in a way that doesn't correctly articulate with the rear fender clip--pushes the rear fender out way to far that will eventually spit the fender. I'll need to find another drop stand for flat braces...hit me up if you have one.

Without further adieu...the nearly completed 1936 Excelsior Motorbike:
IMG_6490.jpeg
IMG_6491.jpeg
IMG_6492.jpeg
IMG_6479.jpeg
IMG_6480.jpeg
IMG_6487.jpeg
IMG_6488.jpeg

Nice work!
It’s looking really good!
I’ve also been running the pot metal Torrington stem on mine, but have always had this little voice telling me, that I shouldn’t be riding the bike with it on there.
It’ll be one of those nagging regrets you’ll have, when you’re nursing the broken collarbone over the Summer.
I haven’t changed mine out yet either, but I know I should.
Any aftermarket accessory stem from the period would be technically correct.
Personally, I think the Torrington Swan stem looks the best, with the pancake horn attached.
But the Wald #3 is also tried and true, and looks good, if no pancake horn is to be used.
As a joke, we like to say,
“Friends don’t let friends ride with pot metal stems.”
But, a dislocated thumb and a broken collarbone is no joke.
With that said, I’m thinking I better get out there and change that stem!
Yeah, Tyler has forewarned me but the T stem looks so cool! I’ll swap it out with a Wald 3 eventually…just need to stare at the bike as built for a bit first.

Back