When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Long Wheel Base LWB Colson

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustjunkie

. . . . . . .
Have 2 of these 1936 frames and forks, one fork is better than the other but neither is great. Got one together last week.
This frame has a gap between the 2 bars that's 7mm smaller than the other, which gives it a cooler look.
Sitting on Ritchey MTB rims with Wheelsmith double-butted spokes and alloy nipples, bikedomeworks front hub with Japanese cartridge bearings up front, Sachs automatic 2 speed at the rear.
The hub shifts automatically at ~12mph, no need to backpedal. The shift point can be tuned by taking the hub apart and increasing or decreasing the spring tension.
Not sure if I'll finish this one or not as the fork is mangled, but it might be cool with a Landing Gear or other 26" bmx style fork.

12092015_018JPG-1.jpg

12092015_019JPG-1.jpg

12092015_016JPG-1.jpg

12092015_015JPG-1.jpg

12092015_014JPG-1.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool build. These frame are nice and comfortable, especially for my long legs. I regret not buying a complete OG badged as Simmons hardware last year on our local CL. Could have been a great rider.

Nice build, LWB Colson are one of my favorites.
Can anyone comment on the Sachs 2 speed hub?
Would like to try one in a bike for my dad.

Tim

Scott,
That's going to make for a great rider, we can go Klunking together once you're done.

Nice build, LWB Colson are one of my favorites.
Can anyone comment on the Sachs 2 speed hub?
Would like to try one in a bike for my dad.

Tim

That bike is gonna roll like buttah Scott, cool build. Tim, can't speak for the two speed, but Sachs are great hubs. If you have a chance to buy one, go for it.

Back