When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Morrow Hub Issues

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RunGrampyRun

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a Marrow hub dated 1936. it Slips under power and braking. I have disassembled, cleaned and reassembled and issue remains. Any suggestions?

I took to reading the morrow help threads.

I realized the gap between part on left and brake drum was too much. As is shown above or slightly larger worked for me.. Often the drum is cracked on outside surface and is hard to see, but it's function is to expand depending on direction of power or reverse (brake). Those diamond shaped swedges control that. The spring that is stationed between drum and brake side bearing race needs to be new.. If you had five hubs for cores might be helpful in selecting useable parts.... I can suggest cleaning all parts again and assembly dry . Bench test for rotation. The braking reaction is not what a new departure would be.

Once assembled dry and bench tested, what do you use to lube it?
I've got everything apart and cleaned up, ready to re-assemble and bench test.

The issue was, the hub was spinning freely in both directions, no brake.
Nothing was busted up on the inside. Cleaned everything up and will test to see what happens, fingers crossed 🤞

Back