1936 Model C. Clunker

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Talon

Look Ma, No Hands!
Oct 13, 2017
Rosamond, CA, United States
The rear brake works pretty good and not a lot of flexing at all for normal riding/braking. The goal was to make the bracket a short as possible and stiff as possible for a temporary install. I problably will ride it until I really need to pull it and have a plate welded in.
Thanks for the picture. This is a good example of "KISS" Keep It Simple Stoopid.

Reactions: SLM

Muleman121

Finally riding a big boys bike
Nov 28, 2012
Murrieta, United States
What are the brackets that moumt the front brakes? Very nice build! Hope mine looks as nice as yours!

Talon

Look Ma, No Hands!
Oct 13, 2017
What are the brackets that moumt the front brakes? Very nice build! Hope mine looks as nice as yours!
Schwinn had these brakes built with these mounting clamps. I found a few on eBay. Schwinn made brakes for the frame and for the forks. There is a difference in the shape of the clamps. So, look closely for the difference. When looking, they are called "Schwinn Script Caliper Brakes".

Last edited:

Talon

Look Ma, No Hands!
Oct 13, 2017
Can you tell me, what your definition of a clunker is? so I can better explane what my definition is

Speed King

Oct 30, 2017
Louisville - Colorado, United States
Can you tell me, what your definition of a clunker is? so I can better explane what my definition is
Check this- kind of get you a general idea. The term is used loosely in some circles but actually refers to a pretty specific style. At least now days.

http://www.clunkers.net/

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

mymikesbikes

Aug 21, 2018
Napa, CA
Crazy beautiful bike. Looks like the ones Joe Breeze and the boys made when they started the birth of mountain bikes.

Talon

Look Ma, No Hands!
Oct 13, 2017
I went on a ride this last weekend with the Circle City Ride. Here is the most recent picture. I did replace the cable straps about a year ago. But over all, nothing has changed. This picture was swiped from the post ride review. It was a pleasure to meet with other riders.

C38BB493-5A09-426F-BD3E-B945F77499E0.jpeg

Talon

Look Ma, No Hands!
Oct 13, 2017
Thank you. This was a fun project, and is pleasure to ride. My friend Kevin McNeal. A pro BMX racer from the late 70's. Also enjoyed riding it.

Reactions: birdzgarage
This ad goes away when you register for an account!