When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Model C. Clunker

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I wanted to buy a painted frame. But this frame that I bought was stripped. The the original paint, would have shown more character. And the type of life that it had. As you can see, yours has a story. Nice build. Thank you for sharing.
I wanted to buy a painted frame. But this frame that I bought was stripped. The the original paint, would have shown more character. And the type of life that it had. As you can see, yours has a story. Nice build. Thank you for sharing.
I looked far and wide for a front drum. I see that you found one. I also like your bag. Did you make it?

Beautiful work ! Been gathering some parts for a build myself. I’d be happy if it comes out half as good.

Beautiful work ! Been gathering some parts for a build myself. I’d be happy if it comes out half as good.
It was quite a challenge. It took me 2 years. But after getting the frame. It took me seven months from then. I was waiting for the (Union) front drum brake. I gave up, then started looking for the Schwinn script Cantilever brakes. I had to make some compromises. And that was one. Good luck with your project.

1938 World out for a ride today !

K1.jpg

Nice job on the bike, can you take a snapshot of your rear brake attachment bracket?
Sure ! It's a cheap Chi-Lee brake Copy of MX1000 and the bracket is cobbled up for just get it on the road short term. I plan to have a rear bracket welded on the frame and mount a Dia Comp MX1000.

Sure ! It's a cheap Chi-Lee brake Copy of MX1000 and the bracket is cobbled up for just get it on the road short term. I plan to have a rear bracket welded on the frame and mount a Dia Comp MX1000.
Sometimes the bracket works to convert the rear brake but not on this frame. That bracket is a lot stiffer than the cobbled set up but at least I have a rear brake that works.

brake.jpg

brkt.jpg

Have you noticed your brake flexing or moving when applying the brake? I like the idea of it. Maybe on my next build.

Have you noticed your brake flexing or moving when applying the brake? I like the idea of it. Maybe on my next build.
The rear brake works pretty good and not a lot of flexing at all for normal riding/braking. The goal was to make the bracket a short as possible and stiff as possible for a temporary install. I problably will ride it until I really need to pull it and have a plate welded in.

Back