When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Model C. Clunker

-
Wow, love it. I have a similar frame, it has a BF goodrich badge and I believe it is a 1936. need to pull it out and do some comparisons to this one. Paint is amazing btw!

Thank you all for the comments. Well, here is the update.
So I put the cables on and replaced the cranks. I had to change out the brake leavers. The first ones didn't allow me adjust the cable tension. Last night spent a few hours on the front brakes. It is funny how something so small (as a washer) can turn into a complete rebuild.
I have a Suntour cyclone rear derailleur. It is missing the clamp bolt. I have gone to countless bike shops. And I have been looking on ebay for this clamp bolt. I probably should have just purchased the complete derailleur, like I did today. An expensive bolt.
I was able to put the chain on and ride the bike for the first time. The rear brakes are not performing as well as I thought. They are not grabbing.
Also, I put the badge in place to see if the small screws would secure the badge. These small screws are not screwing into the hole. I am not sure if I have the proper size screws. I am waiting on the clamp bolt before I install the badge. But I might also need some new screws for the badge. It is taped on for the pictures.

The missing cable bolt.

IMG_20171210_161439_1.jpg

IMG_20171210_161502.jpg

Last edited:
Back