When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Model C. Clunker

-
The rear brake works pretty good and not a lot of flexing at all for normal riding/braking. The goal was to make the bracket a short as possible and stiff as possible for a temporary install. I problably will ride it until I really need to pull it and have a plate welded in.
Thanks for the picture. This is a good example of "KISS" Keep It Simple Stoopid.

Reactions: SLM
What are the brackets that moumt the front brakes? Very nice build! Hope mine looks as nice as yours!

What are the brackets that moumt the front brakes? Very nice build! Hope mine looks as nice as yours!
Schwinn had these brakes built with these mounting clamps. I found a few on eBay. Schwinn made brakes for the frame and for the forks. There is a difference in the shape of the clamps. So, look closely for the difference. When looking, they are called "Schwinn Script Caliper Brakes".

Last edited:
Can you tell me, what your definition of a clunker is? so I can better explane what my definition is

Back