When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Monark Flo-Cycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
No, it's not done. I'm slow. But here're a few more pics. This is the curved frame member that tapers into the head lug. This attaches with an Allen bolt.
image.jpeg

The tapered sockets into the head. The frame piece butts in tightly to the inner shoulder. The Allen inserts through the hole behind the headbadge.
image.jpeg
Awesome disassembly of a Flocycle! Is

Here's the wedge and tube that dreads into the BB lug.
image.jpeg

Hard to see, bot the hole in the lug bells out at the bottom. The wedge stops at the shoulder which spreads the bottom of the tube.
image.jpeg

This lug is in 2 pieces. The steel post holds the parts in alignment during the welding. The wooden dowels are there to aid in alignment also.
image.jpeg
it done? Would love to see more photos! Keep up the great work.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
The wedge.
image.jpeg

The bottom of the hole has a shoulder which stops the wedge and forces the tube to spread into the area of the lug that is bell shaped.
image.jpeg

Steel post I made to keep the top and bottom pieces of the broken lug in alignment during welding.
image.jpeg

The dowels aid in alignment also.
image.jpeg

I'm looking forward to getting these bits welded up. There's lots of detailing left to do.

Last edited:
Like I was trying to say before my tech problems began, this SK might cost me 5K if I can't find some reasonably priced parts. All I have is the 5rame!

"Blinded by the Light!"
image.jpeg

My phone/camera thought the aliens were invading. Optical harmonic resonance or something.
image.jpeg

This was the first weld to be done. It was only a crack, but was opened to get full penetration.
image.jpeg

The same V-groove was cut into all areas to be welded.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Cast aluminum is more porous that other forms, so the job was more tedious. Micro holes kept belching out black pyucky guck. After fighting that battle, the welding went smoothly. And it went even more smoothly once the rat tail file came into play.
image.jpeg

Ready for some finish sanding and polish.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm working on a Flo-Cycle frame right now too. I didn't take the frame apart but was very curious about the internals of the assemble. This thread is a great guide!
Polishing is tedious to say the least.

Back