When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Roadmaster Flat Tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Lets see it.

BTW the tank found by the OP has been sold. Someone beat me to it :rage:

crysler-mazzeratti 001.jpg
So not new to this I acquired this bike probaky 20 years ago sold it and now bought it back. A few changes to it now since inowned it including matching original paint rims and BW, at that time was one of very few 36 Roadmasters One of the only originals i knew of at the time. Don Vaughn had a restored green one. Castelli a Red one.... my question is did this bije have a battery box in tank mine has a door on bottom with the threaded wire receiver and light switch it shows no sign of a box and tank is pretty thin to hold one. I purchased a can and horn button looking for a horn and truss rod mounr
I was able to rescue this tank from its hiding place. I didn't find the rest of the bike, it's probably long gone. On a previous forum it was decided to be a 1936 Roadmaster Flat Tank. Anybody know how many years this model was made. I assume it's a desirable model. Not a lot of info out there on them. View attachment 683753 View attachment 683754 View attachment 683755 View attachment 683756 View attachment 683757 View attachment 683758 View attachment 683759

I was able to rescue this tank from its hiding place. I didn't find the rest of the bike, it's probably long gone. On a previous forum it was decided to be a 1936 Roadmaster Flat Tank. Anybody know how many years this model was made. I assume it's a desirable model. Not a lot of info out there on them. View attachment 683753 View attachment 683754 View attachment 683755 View attachment 683756 View attachment 683757 View attachment 683758 View attachment 683759
I had literature on this bike I think I might have given it to Scott years ago when I was liquidating. I got it from Fitzsimmons

I thought as you had the tank is thin. I assumed. Battery tray was mounted on top of said door. Looking at 38 roadmaster battery tray could the 36 be much different? Although I have horn; etc
One of my truss rods are stripped out.
Mine doesn't even have the door. And I would buy any parts if I could find them. Virtually no orig paint left on mine: and I hate to paint over what is left

Last edited:
My original paint 36 has the battery tray attached to the bottom door.

Pedals Past, what is the serial on your 36 shroud tank ?

That is correct buickmike, I thought I had taken a picture of the tank door when I had it removed but I guess I never did snap a shoot of it.

I'll try getting one this weekend and posting here.

I thought as you had the tank is thin. I assumed. Battery tray was mounted on top of said door. Looking at 38 roadmaster battery tray could the 36 be much different? Although I have horn; etc
One of my truss rods are stripped out.
Mine doesn't even have the door. And I would buy any parts if I could find them. Virtually no orig paint left on mine: and I hate to paint over what is left
i had 36 37 and 38 but i dont think the 37 or 38 batery tray is anything like what would fit it a 36 door it would just be a long retainer that wires attached to with no horn inside maybe a early model had no tray who knows

My bike is an early model and it has a tray. I'm pretty sure they all came with trays to hold the batteries in place. Exterior battery tubes would not be original equipment on these bikes.

Might have to wait. Until a couple original tanks are opened up. On my. Bike front fender. Has a clamp that could very well hold wires on each side (hornlight?) Would be nice to see literature with option sheet. Furthermore: this rear fender has additional hole for what I'd have to assume is a "mouse " Delta light.

Back