When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Roadmaster Flat Tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It would most likely be a Delta Defender light and not a mouse light.
CWC Bike (7).JPG
CWC Bike (4).JPG

Yes, same principle using a tube. The two tubes I pictured are actually spot or tack welded to the "door" or closure plate from the factory. I have seen, but do not have pictures of, another one which was the more conventional 4-battery "rack" also tack welded the the closure plate. Perhaps, a later model. (my guess)

No, its an early set up. I believe the previous owner just modified it a bit with those clamps so that the battery tube could be removed if needed. They were originally spot welded as you mentioned.

Lets see the rest of your bikes. I would actually like to get a registry going of these flat side/shroud tank CWC bikes.

Yes, same principle using a tube. The two tubes I pictured are actually spot or tack welded to the "door" or closure plate from the factory. I have seen, but do not have pictures of, another one which was the more conventional 4-battery "rack" also tack welded the the closure plate. Perhaps, a later model. (my guess)

my bike had a can inside tank rattling around I mounted it outside thinkng someone put it in there long ago because it never had one since it was in a barn leaning against a stack of hay and 3” deep in cow poop..... its aluminum unmarked but looks delta to me ...... every bike i ever had a mouse lite on fender had an indenture for it ..... i dont think they came with tailite or horn they were added accessories

Rear fender- super thick ( F+R)) Had it been Schwinn I coulda pushed dents out by thumb pressure. If hole had been aftermatket they did a good job. I should have. Defender on way but need the tray. Iwant to say outline of. Something on fender but I could be wrong. One would think the battery tray would leave rust footprint

The 36 catalog does show this model bike equipped with a tail light, horn, horn button, fender light and speedo

It also lists another "less equipped" model minus the tail light, speedo and chain guard. I believe it also had a push style handlebar mounted horn.

Last edited:
In this pic we see bars bought off bay (girls short bars) modified with pegs to a more desirable length. Will it last? Dunno. Next might fab up bottom tray of tank.

uploadfromtaptalk1513019022812.jpg

View attachment 714380 So not new to this I acquired this bike probaky 20 years ago sold it and now bought it back. A few changes to it now since inowned it including matching original paint rims and BW, at that time was one of very few 36 Roadmasters One of the only originals i knew of at the time. Don Vaughn had a restored green one. Castelli a Red one.... my question is did this bije have a battery box in tank mine has a door on bottom with the threaded wire receiver and light switch it shows no sign of a box and tank is pretty thin to hold one. I purchased a can and horn button looking for a horn and truss rod mounr
I have a Delta Gangway horn and truss rod mount on Ebay right now item Number

Well I got these two old tiimers side by side now. Brought the 38 out of cold garage for now at least. The battery cage from 38 looks like it would work in the 36's belly. But that's the only thing on the 38 that ain't rusted to hell
0ne motorbike in kitchen another in frontroom. A fatbar in the closet. The colson I left outside on porch. Tryin to figure what I'm gonna get for christmas
uploadfromtaptalk1513098854092.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1513098872509.jpg

Last edited:
Back