When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1936 Schwinn Aerocycle Streamliner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
Price
7500 OBO
Zipcode

Kevin Crowe

Look Ma, No Hands!
Suspended
Selling
FA1023D8-E41D-4229-A7E3-69AB6C6D2902.jpeg
my rare 1936 Schwinn Aerocycle Streamliner since I’ve gotten a ton of interest and would prefer to invest the $ in my new building.

From original seller:
“it had a handmade steel tank. It was made by Ron Louis 25 years ago, and no one has made them better. If it was an “original” steel tank, the bike would be $18-$20k.”
“From what I was told, the Aerocycle was hand built 25 years ago from fabricated parts, modified parts, and original parts. I’m sorry, I do not have spec or build sheet for all of the components that went into building the bike.
I do know that the primary value component of these rare bikes is the tank. An original tank is insanely expensive. There have been many shoddy plastic or fiberglass reproductions of the tank, but very few steel tanks have been made, as the shape is extremely difficult to fabricate. A reproduction steel tank is therefore rare and considered desirable. This is what you have. Along with the correct saddle, correct rack, and outstanding paint job, you have one of the best non-original Aerocycles out there. An original will run you $15,000-20,000.”
“I understood the tail light to be original, but apparently it was an excellent reproduction. The primary value component of these rare bikes is the tank. An original tank is impossible to find, and would be very expensive. There have been many shoddy plastic or fiberglass reproductions of the tank, but very few steel tanks have been made, as the shape is rather difficult to fabricate. This steel tank was fabricated by Ron Lewis. It is one of the best there is, and considered rare and desirable. Along with the correct saddle, correct rack, and outstanding paint job, this is one of the best non-original Aerocycles out there (at about half the price!). Bob and Shawn both saw it in person, and I believe they will both concur.“

From John Stansbury,
“I bought one of Ron's tanks about 30 years ago. You could not tell them from the original ones.I bought one for $1500.It was one of his first few. They went up to $2000 after that.Still a bargain, because they were so perfect.”

After receiving $ via Venmo or PayPal without fee, I would drop at my local shop (Cartecay Bikes in Ellijay) so buyer can arrange/pay to box ($65) & ship ($75-125) via BikeFlights.

Private Message me. Questions can be asked here but that’s most of the info I have.

Last edited:
Wow. I was told otherwise from the seller as you see in the quote above. I reduce price to reflect reproduction tail light.

Last edited:
From what I was told, this Aerocycle was hand built 25 years ago from fabricated parts, modified parts, and original parts. I do not have spec or build sheet for all of the components that went into building the bike. I understood the tail light to be original, but apparently it was an excellent reproduction. The primary value component of these rare bikes is the tank. An original tank is impossible to find, and would be very expensive. There have been many shoddy plastic or fiberglass reproductions of the tank, but very few steel tanks have been made, as the shape is rather difficult to fabricate. This steel tank was fabricated by Ron Lewis. It is one of the best there is, and considered rare and desirable. Along with the correct saddle, correct rack, and outstanding paint job, this is one of the best non-original Aerocycles out there (at about half the price!). Bob and Shawn both saw it in person, and I believe they will both concur.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back